- Course Update
- Coming Events - Course
- Coming Events - Clubhouse
- Recent Results
- The Rules Quiz
- A Little Humour
- 265mm of rain was received on the course last week. That is the equivalent of 50 Olympic sized swimming pools, and does not include the water which entered the property from adjoining houses and roads.
- With the exception of the 15th fairway, the course is drying well. The bunkers have handled the rain event very well and the staff have some very busy times ahead on the mowers.
- The issue with the flooded 15th fairway is due to a Wingecarribee Council stormwater drain which is blocked. Every time we have a heavy storm, water flows onto the course from Kangaloon Rd via the stormwater pipes, and floods across the 15th fairway. We have contacted the Council many times to get them to come and clear the blockage, but it appears that we are on a 'wait-list'. In the meantime the entire area is marked as 'Compulsory GUR'. There are ropes setup to preclude cart access and drivers of carts are directed onto the maintenance access road from the bridge at the pond until clear of the flooded area.
- New temporary paths have been laid in the wettest areas of the 8th and 9th fairways. Players will be familiar with the locations on the right hand side of the 8th fairway at the base of the rise, and the right hand side of the 9th fairway at the beginning of the mown fairway. The paths are setup to allow carts to proceed without getting bogged. Please drive over the paths slowly.
- 15 cm preferred lies are in place in the 'General Area' for the time being. Please check with the pro shop before play to determine the current playing conditions.
- Could I urge all players to keep up the 'Divot-filling' program and to remember to rake the bunkers after use.
- Raffle tickets are available for purchase in the pro shop. The proceeds go towards funding the costs incurred by the PGA Trainees during their course. Anthony Rath is our trainee and would greatly appreciate your support. Tickets are priced at $4 and the impressive list of prizes include a set of fully fitted Titleist T-200 Irons, a Scotty Cameron putter, a Riverside Oaks 'Stay and Play' package, and several other items.
The recent course closure has created minor mayhem with the playing calendar. The following is a summary of the changes. Please refer to the online calendar for up-to-date fixtures.
- The Patron's Trophy will be held on Saturday 17th April. This event also serves as the qualification process for the Club Foursomes Championships. The top 8 placed teams will progress into a knockout playoff. The 1/4 final matches must be completed before Sunday 6th June, the semi final will be held on Sunday the 4th July and the final (36 holes) will be held on Sunday 11th July.
- The Arthur Brassey knockout completion dates have been slid. The first round must now be completed by Sunday 4th April, the 1/4 finals by Sunday 9th May. The semi final will be held on Sunday 16th May and the final will be played mid-morning on Saturday 22nd May.
- Saturday 10th April is the medal day in conjunction with the Austen Richardson Tankard.
- Sunday 11th April is our Jubilee Cup, an open NSWGA Vardon and Senior Vardon event. The competition a scratch event (with a handicap event held in conjunction) and is open to players with a maximum AGU handicap of 12. Entry forms are available on the main notice board. Cost is $55 which includes lunch.
- Wednesday 14th April is the Boxmor Trophy. This event pits the President's team against the Captain's team. Last outing saw the Captain take the trophy and as this will be my last trophy event as Captain, I'm sure the President will be similarly generous with the outcome!! The format is 4BBB stableford. The usual prizes are on offer plus each member of the winning team will receive a ball. The trophy will be decided by aggregating the top 10 pairs for each team. To book for a place in the President's team use slot 1 or 2 on the booking sheet, and slot 3 or 4 on the sheet if you wish to play on the winning (oops! I mean Captain's) team. Contact the pro shop for assistance if necessary.
- Saturday 1st May is medal day in conjunction with the President's Trophy. This is the prelude to the Anniversary Dinner, which is held later that evening.
The following posters highlight the events which are being held over the coming months. Please check with the club for booking availability, as slots fill fast.
- The clubhouse will be closed on Good Friday and potentially on Easter Sunday (depends on bookings, check before coming).
- Competition presentations have recommenced with the next one on Wednesday 31st March.
- Members may have noticed the presence of workmen around the outside of the clubhouse. These men are doing the repairs required to the exterior prior to the commencement of the painting programme. Painting will commence in April.
The inclement weather precluded any competition play over the reporting period. A reminder to those players vying for the Summer Eclectic that this coming Wednesday is the final day to have an effect on your score. The Winter version will be delayed until the implementation of the Mi Club computer upgrade, has been completed in May.
This coming Saturday will see a return to presentations after the rain. The question for this presentation can be located in my blog of 8th March. Come along and try your luck. The putter has been looking very lonely and unused hanging above the Members' lounge.
Now Go out and Enjoy a Game of Golf !!!