- Course Update
- The Menu
- Coming Events
- Recent Results
- A Little Humour
- The course is really starting to show its quality, and is a tribute to the hard work done by Matt Morris (Head Greenskeeper) and his team of Adam, Colin and Tom. A gentle reminder to repair your divots and pitchmarks to help the course in its presentation.
- The Preferred Lies condition has now been removed, so players are to 'Play it as it lies'. Bunkers are still under the Covid conditions, i.e. no rakes provided, and preferred lies available.
- Following on from my note last week, a new 4 tonne hydraulic tipper trailer has been procured and will arrive towards the end of this week. I'm sure it will be very well used in the future. Photos of the new trailer are below.
Another week, another fabulous Friday night dinner courtesy of Regina and her crew. Here is Tim's email for next Friday.
Good morning everyone,
This week, the pick-up day is Friday 2 October
2 course Meal ($25 per person)
Main: Corned Beef, Cabbage, Mashed potato with White Sauce and Parsley
Dessert: Chocolate Fondant
We are offering our entire wine list for takeaway at a 10% discount.
Please order by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or phoning 48611042 (option 4), with the number of meals and selections. Orders must be received by 5pm on Tuesday 29 September 2020.
Collection times will be staggered from 4pm and I will advise of your time for pick up. Please collect from Bowral Golf Club, enter the clubhouse located at the corner of Kangaloon Rd and David St, Bowral.
Feel free to forward this to family, friends or anyone you think might be interested.
Keep well and I look forward to seeing you soon.
- Our Club Championship season is upon us. Next Saturday begins a very busy few weeks. For full coverage of the individual events, please read my previous blog.
- The signup sheet for the Summer Eclectic competition is available in the pro shop. The Winter edition ends after the final rounds on Wednesday. The scores are very close and a couple of birdies on Wednesday could change the standings. A Conditions of Competition has been created for the event and is posted on the notice board in the clubhouse and in the pro shop. It will be uploaded to the club website very shortly.
- A reminder that the 1/4 finals of the J Draper knockout need to be completed on the 18th October (tee times are set up) unless completed earlier.
- The 1/4 finals for the various levels of Club Championships are due for completion by Sunday 25th October.
- The Vicars Shield commences with the first round on Saturday 24th October and completes the following Saturday.
- Feedback is requested for the Monday Madness competition . Previously the event was an 18 hole competition, but several months ago this was changed to a 9 hole event. Numbers for either format have not changed over this time. If you are a Monday player, or consider that you may like to include Monday in your competition schedule, would you like to provide me with feedback on your preferred format to email@example.com
- A completely new competition has been scheduled for play on Wednesday 28th October. It is a 'Crazy Tee' competition for the 'Cock of the Walk' trophy. The event is available to club members who have playing privileges which include play on Wednesdays. Tee locations will be set which lengthen the course and increase the Par to 72. A card for the day will be printed and provided for players. The competition format is a 4BBB with no individual stableford included. More details will be provided closer to the date, but it will be a very different course to play, so book up in 4s and stay tuned. A photo of the trophy has been attached.
Wednesday 23rd September. A very enjoyable day for a single Stableford competition. 74 players in the field with Eugene O'Sullivan (23) posting 43 points to claim the prize. Best in 'A' grade was Peter Leon (15) with 39 points, 'B' was Don Barker (20) with 38 points and in 'C' grade Bill Davison (28) posted 39 points to win via a count back. Balls were won down to 34 points via a count back.
Friday 25th September. The "Nugget". 17 players in a small field with only one lady this week. David Bleakley (16) scored 24 points to claim the win from Gil Levy (15) with 21 points via count back from Russell Bourne (10) and in fourth was John Mellen (8) with 20. Balls were won down to 17 points.
With gale force strength winds and windchill temperatures below -7C any score was a good one. However, Peter Dunn (27) managed to post 37 points to beat David Anderson (23) on a count back to win both the Redmond Dalton Trophy for 2020 and the daily event prize. 88 players entered the field and balls were won down to 30 points via a count back.
Monday 28th September. "Monday Madness" 7 players in the competition, but a very large contingent of visitors on the course. Ray Clayton (22) posted 23 points to win the 9-hole event from Heather Webster (13) with 19 points. Balls won down to 17 points.
Thanks to club member Chris Barry for providing this photo, taken on Sunday evening.
A Little Humour.
Now Go out and Enjoy a Game of Golf !!!