- Course update
- The Menu
- Coming Events
- Recent Results
- The Brain Teaser
- A Little humour
- DIVOTS! DIVOTS! and more DIVOTS!!! One of our members suggested me using UPPERCASE to see if that gets the message across any better. Please carry and use a sand bucket for all rounds (including practice rounds). If you are driving a cart, carry your sand bucket and your club to the ball each time. If you come across an unrepaired divot, FIX IT PLEASE!
- The Paths' Project commenced this morning and as a result the tee locations for the 10th and 12th holes have been moved well forward. They will be located on the mowed fairways for the Tuesday and Wednesday Competitions. Since this reduces the overall length of the course, scores will not be forwarded to Golflink for either of these daily competitions. See the photos below.
Loved the ham, turkey and roast veggies last weekend. Here is Tim's email for this week.
Week 15 Takeaway MenuGood morning everyone,
This week, the pick-up day is Friday
2 course Meal ($25 per person)
Roast Leg of Lamb
Potatoes sautéed with lemon and mint
Mint Peas and Mint Sauce
Choc Caramel Tart
Soup ($10 per person):
Pea and Ham
We are still offering our entire wine list for takeaway at a 10% discount.
Contactless payment by EFTPOS or Member Account remains the preferred payment method.
Please order by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or phoning 4861 1042 (option 4), with the number of meals and selections. Orders must be received by 5pm on Tuesday 30 June, 2020.
Collection times will be staggered from 4pm and I will advise of your time for pick up. Please collect from Bowral Golf Club, enter the clubhouse located at the corner of Kangaloon Rd and David St, Bowral.
Feel free to forward this to family, friends or anyone you think might be interested.
Keep well and I look forward to seeing you soon.
- Our next Open Day is Wednesday 15th July. We will return to a standard 4BBB (Stableford) format, and not score individual cards in an attempt to reduce the time taken for each round.
- The next trophy day is Saturday 18th July, with the playing of the Captain's Trophy (stroke event).
- The following Saturday (25th July) is the President V Captain's competition for the Boxmor Trophy.
- The BGC AGM is scheduled for the 30th July. An email has recently been sent to all members advising of the details. There will be a very limited number of attendees due to the Coronavirus limitations.
(Please note that the posting of some result sheets has been delayed whilst the pro shop confirms the financial status of players.)
Wednesday 1st July. A beautiful day welcomed the 78 players into the 3 person aggregate competition. The team of David Stanley (22), Alan Lindsay (23) and David Farthing (28) collected 102 points to claim the win from the team of Nick Reinhard (9), Clark Gibbons (10) and Angus Malcolm (20) with a score of 101. The individual best score of the day went to Ken Street (28) with 41 points and balls were won down to 95 points via count back.
Friday 3rd July. The "Nugget". A windy and cold day held the field down to just 31 players (19 men/12 Women). 1st prize to Stephen Heywood (43) with 24 points, 2nd to Grant Blanchard (27) with 22 points, 3rd to Rosie Streeter (47) with 19 points via count back from 4th Wendy Burke (24). Balls were won down to 18 points via count back
Saturday 4th July. Medal Day July. A cool and windy Winter's day. 93 players turned out for the event with the course in great condition (except for the Divots!). Tony Fitzpatrick (11) won the 'A' grade medal with a net 67 from James Burkitt (14) net 69. John Jones (18) won the 'B' grade medal with a net 66 from Piero Dal Bianco (19) net 67. Peter Dunn (28) rounded out the medal winners with a net 69 to claim the 'C' grade from Grant Blanchard (25) on net 72 via count back. The best scratch score of the day went to Tony Fitzpatrick with his 79. Balls were won down to net 75 via count back.
Monday 6th July. "Monday Madness" The 9-hole format of this event began today and 6 players tested the conditions. Grant Blanchard (26) scored 20 points to claim the new format prize. Chris Chiu (33) scored 19 points to round out the prizes.
So this new competition got underway last week and did not reach the required number of successful responses, so there is a new teaser this week and again it will go to the 4th correct response received. There will be a bonus if you are able to add the correct answer from last week to your response to this week.
Email your answer to email@example.com
Good luck, don't be shy! Here is the teaser.....
Staff: "Golf course, may I help you?"
Caller: "Do you have any open tee times around 10 o'clock?"
Staff: "Yes, we have one at 10.15."
Caller: "What's the next time available after that?"
Staff: "We have one at 10.22."
Caller: "We'll take that one. It will be a much warmer!"
Now Go Out and Enjoy a Game of Golf!!!