- Course Update
- The Menu
- Coming Events
- Recent Results
- The Rules Quiz returns!!!
- A Little Humour
- The bunker renovations are now complete. There are a few minor items still to be seen to, however, the bunkers are now all back in play. Covid rules are still in place until such time that the rakes are brought back into use. My thanks to the greens' staff and all the volunteers over the three days of the project.
- Another request for all players to please attend to the divots and pitchmarks across the course. It's everyones responsibility to fix the course as you play. Please feel free to gently remind your playing partners of their responsibilities. I'll make sure there is a plentiful supply of sand, so please don't skimp.
Here is the latest email from Tim. It seems that the Friday dinners have been greatly missed.
BOTH FRIDAY NIGHT DINNERS IN FEBRUARY ARE NOW SOLD OUT. STAY TUNED FOR MARCH EVENTS
Good evening everyone,
This is the news that you have all been waiting to hear! We are excited to announce that our very popular First Friday Dinners will be returning on Friday 5 February 2021!
To full comply with current COVID-19 requirements, the following should be noted.
1. Maximum capacity for each dinner is 70 guests
2. 2 tables of 10 guests will be available in the Oxley Room - opposite the bar
3. 50 guests will be permitted in the Hordern Room with a maximum table size of 8 guests
4. Similar to previous years, there will be a buffet table, however staff will fully serve each guest.
THERE IS MORE!
Due to the reduced capacity there will also be a Third Friday Dinner on Friday 19 February 2021, with the same seating and service arrangements.
Back by popular demand, our Friday takeaway dinners will return on Friday 26 February 2021
Now the details:
For our First Friday Dinner, the menu is Legs of Roast Lamb, carved at the buffet table and served with Roasted Lemon Potatoes, garlic paste and salads, followed by a dessert of Honey Cardamom Panna Cotta with Rose Petals and Pistachios.
For our Third Friday Dinner, the menu is the very popular Coq au Vin with creamy Mash and Steamed Greens, followed by a dessert of Orange Jaffa cake.
Cost per person is $37.50 and bookings are open now.
Bookings may be made by email email@example.com, phoning the bar on 48611042 (Option 2) or in person at the bar. Bookings will be taken on a first in basis. Voice messages can be left on the bar phone and the time stamp used to prioritise bookings. These are the only available booking methods. As you would be aware in previous years, these dinners were often booked out months in advance, so please get in quickly only by email or phone. Your booking will be confirmed as soon as possible.
The menu for the takeaway meals will be released at the start of the last week in February and orders will open then.
We hope to continue in subsequent months, so we will monitor and assess during February and advise at the earliest opportunity.
Looking forward to seeing you soon. Let the fun begin!
- The sign up sheet for the Arthur Brassey Knockout competition is now available in the pro shop.
- Saturday 23rd is the first medal round for 2021. The Sefton Cullen Anniversary Cup trophy will be contested in conjunction with the medal round. Some good news!!! There will be a presentation following the completion of the day's play. At this stage I plan to hold presentations following medal/trophy events each month until I feel that we can move towards more frequent presentations in the future. Don't forget to do your research for the 'Rules Quiz!'.
- Australia Day Medley, Tuesday 26th January. This event includes the annual Captain V Captain trophy, so play well for your appropriate captain to hold the bragging rights. The Men currently hold the trophy. There will be a return to the novelty events as well and we are trialling using the NTP markers again. A small bottle of hand sanitiser has been fitted to the marker for players to use before entering the name on the sheet. The event is a 'Shotgun' start from 09:00 and there is a BBQ to follow which includes a chocolate paddle pop for dessert. More details are included in the flyers available on the main club noticeboard. Still a few slots available for sign-up, 2 men and 2 women per 4 ball.
- Sunday 31st January will see BGC host a number of clubs from the highlands and the coast for round 1 of the 2021 White Horse Cup. There will be over 70 players from visiting clubs on the course. We have two teams entered in the competition and wish them the very best. The two teams held a 'Team building' competition down at Wollongong GC last Sunday to give the boys a chance to show the new 'Strip'. Team 2 narrowly accounted for Team 1 in a skins event.
- Saturday 6th February is the Monthly Medal competition.
Wednesday 13th January. A fine and warm day with 80 players in a strong field. Sam Mulholland (9) posted 41 points to claim the overall prize with Paul Barnes (13) scoring 38 points to claim the best 'A' grade result. Best in 'B' grade went to Paul Carroll (16) with 39 points and in 'C' grade Rob Humphreys (27) scored 38 points. Balls were won down to 33 points via count back.
The "Bunker Broze" were entered in a side competition in conjunction with the daily event. Following the work-day score adjustment, Paul Carroll finished with 43 points to beat Paul Barnes on 40 points. Excellent scoring considering the efforts put in over the previous two days in the bunkers!! Thanks guys!
Friday 15th January. The "Nugget". Another fine and warm day with 31 players in the field (20 men and 11 women). James Rowe (11) posted 23 points to win the event. John Buchanan (11) beat Peter Pasfield (30) and Eddie Jones (24) on a count back with scores of 21 points each. Balls were won down to 17 points via count back.
Sunday 17th January. Sunday on the White course. 14 players teed off in the medley competition with 12 men and 2 women. Mitchell Wellman (25) scored 40 points to claim the prize from Simon Kemp (14) on a count back. Visitors joined the field from Moss Vale GC.
Monday 18th January. "Monday Madness". 9 holes on a warm Monday with 7 players this week. Alan Turpie (21) scored 22 points to win from John Buchanan (10) with 21 points.
The Rules Quiz. (it's back!!)
The situation: 'A player has hit their ball into a bunker. On arrival at the bunker the player determines the ball to be "Unplayable". The questions: how many options are available to the player to deal with the unplayable lie, and how many strokes will each option cost??
Come to the presentation next Saturday and try your luck. The putter might be back in play!!
Now Go Out and Enjoy a Game of Golf!!!