- ANZAC Day
- Course Update
- Up Coming Golf Events
- Up Coming Clubhouse Events
- Recent Results
ANZAC Day is a very special day for our country and our Kiwi cousins and allows us all the time to reflect and pay tribute to those who have served our country and especially those who paid the ultimate sacrifice.
Lest we forget.
As with our club tradition, yesterday was the ANZAC Day medley and as you can see from the photos it was a great afternoon. Thanks to our freelance photographer for providing the shots.
- The 15th hole fairway is drying out and hopefully council are on their way....
- The new plantings between the 5thgreen/6th tee box will see this area fill out over the next few years. Thanks to John Hopkins for his donation and time on this project. Also thanks to Dad's Army for tendering these new plaintngs while they get established.
- Unfortunately, we received a report from an unhappy visitor on a recent Monday who was frustrated by golfers in carts pushing in front of them without asking permission. We all understand his frustration. Just a gentle reminder to observe the appropriate golf etiquete and curtesy on the course.
- Thanks to all for repairing the diverts over the last couple of weeks, it is much appreciated by our greens staff and keeps the course in good condition.
- You will have noticed the club house painting is underway, there will be some restricted parking and access so please take care. The painted sections are looking great.
- The Foursomes Club Championship draw is posted on the notice board in the club house
- John Owens
- The next round of the Arthur Brassey knockout is due to be completed Sunday the 9th of May. [Not the 7th as previously posted!!!]
- As mentioned, the Bruce Smith cup is to be played at MVGC locked on Sunday the 25th of July. Both clubs are keen to get at least 20 players from each club to compete. The sign-up sheet will be in the pro-shop soon.
- As previously posted: The May Monthly Medal is scheduled for the 1st. This competition will also include the President's Trophy. The Anniversary Dinner is also held that evening.
- The Winter Eclectic sign up sheet is in the Pro Shop.
Wednesday - Single Stableford - another great Autumn day with Peter Leon winning on a count back with 39 points from the runner up Dave Burgess. NTP on 11th was Darryl Purchase and the Pro Pin went to Jacob Nicholls. Eagles Nest was not won and the the 6 balls on offer.
Friday - Nugget - 9 hole course - winners was Carole Turpie with 23 points and runner up David Bleakley, in thrid place Adem De Manincor 21 points and fourth Simon Kemp with 20 points.
Saturday - Single Stableford - 83 golfers in the field with a great win to Ian McKenzie with 44 points and the runner up with 40 points Nic Reinhard. Nearest to the pin on the 11th could not get any closer - well done Nic on your hole in one, fantastic. Pro Pin went to Phil Jeffery.
Sunday - ANZAC DAY MEDLEY - Team Irish Stableford
A great day for golf as seen from the photos above. Winners with 52 points S Bleakley, D Bleakley, W Burke and K Burke. Runners up S Olson, K Kunz, A Tomlin and P McKenna with 51 points on a count back.
Monday - Madness - 9 hole stableford
Winner with 23 points Peter Stokes and runner up with 29 points Tony Dick