- Course Update
- The Menu
- Coming Events
- Recent Results
- A Little Humour
The recent (and ongoing) rain has enhanced the course. Whilst there are some areas with minor flooding, the course is in great condition. Ironically, the watering system pumps recently received some replacement parts which allows the staff to use all 3 pumps for the first time in over 4 years.
I remind all players to keep up the divot repair progress. This rain will have washed away the sand in many of the divots.
Here is the email covering the menu option for the coming week.
Good morning everyone,
This week, the pick-up day is Friday 30 October
2 course Meal ($25 for members, $30 for non-members)
Main: Beef Goulash with baby potatoes, carrots and pea purée
Dessert: Chocolate Mousse cake
We are offering our entire wine list for takeaway at a 10% discount.
Please order by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or phoning 48611042 (option 4), with the number of meals and selections. Orders must be received by 5pm on Tuesday 20 October 2020.
Collection times will be staggered from 4.30pm and I will advise of your time for pick up. Please collect from Bowral Golf Club, enter the clubhouse located at the corner of Kangaloon Rd and David St, Bowral.
Feel free to forward this to family, friends or anyone you think might be interested.
Keep well and I look forward to seeing you soon.
- Wednesday 28th October is the inaugural staging of the 'Crazy Tee Day'. The prizes are confirmed with our sponsors "Southern Living Property" who have also sponsored the 10th tee on the course. There are two pewter mugs to be presented to the winners along with the prestige of being the 'Cock of the Walk' trophy holders for the following year.
- The event is a 4BBB for eligible golflink members and their guests and there have been a few 'changes' to the course. A scorecard, (shown above), for the day will be provided.
- Feedback from the competition is warmly encouraged.
- Every player will win a ball
- The winners will receive $300 e-wallet credit each
- Runners up will receive $200 e-wallet credit each
- 3rd place will receive $100 e-wallet credit each
- The second round of the Vicars Shield occurs next Saturday. This is one of the more significant trophies in the calendar. The trophy is in memory of Sir William Vicars, who was club Vice President from 1919 - 1926, and Patron from 1929 - 1939.
- The semi final round of the J W Draper knockout is due for completion by Sunday 1st November. The final is to be played on Saturday 7th November between the morning and afternoon competition fields.
- We are holding a Melbourne Cup Medley competition on Tuesday 3rd November. The format is single stableford, played in groups of 4, and there will be a sausage sizzle provided from 1:30 before the race. The race will be displayed on the big screen at 3:00.
- The semi final rounds of the Club Championships are due to be completed by Sunday 8th November, with the final being played on Sunday 22nd November.
- The Remembrance Day Shield will be held in conjunction with the November Monthly Medal on Saturday 14th November.
Wednesday 21st October. A lovely warm day, and a return to a favoured format. 4BBB without a single stableford in conjunction. 73 players in the field, and the team of Phil Jeffery (11) and Martin Flaxman (23) posted a fine 48 points to claim the podium. In second was the team of Peter Chen (39) and John Ferguson (14) with 46 points on a count back. Balls were won down to 43 points via count back.
Friday 23rd October. The "Nugget". 20 players in the field for this event, 13 men and 7 women. In first, with a score of 23 points was Andrea Tomlin (28) from Meeghan Bourne (39) with 22 points. Ash Southon (14) posted 20 points to claim 3rd on a count back from Ray Clayton (38). Balls were won down to 18 points via count back.
Sunday 25th October. 10 very hardy players battled the poor conditions on the White course. Michael Halfhide (17) posted 34 points to beat Paul Barnes (14) on a count back. Balls were won down to 33 points.
Club Championship Playoffs.The quarter finals have been completed and the following are the semi finalists. In the 'Open' event, C Boggs will play J Mellen, and J Pinkstone will play J Mulholland. In 'B' grade, A Dietsch will play T Rourke and P Joshua will play D Hiser. In 'C' grade, R Ratalino will play D Barker and D Neale will play D Anderson. All the above matches must be completed by Sunday 8th November.
" Every day I try to tell myself this is going to be fun today. I try to put myself in a great frame of mind before I go out -- then I screw it up with the first shot." Johnny Miller.
Now Go out and Enjoy a Game of Golf !!!