- Remembering the 1st Blog
- Course Update
- Coming Events - Course
- Whitehorse Cup
- Recent Results
- Rules Quiz
- A little Humour
The following is an extract of my welcome letter in the 1st blog dated Monday 8th April 2019.
"I will continue to drive golf at our club into the future, but will do so whilst being mindful of the history and traditional values which have formed the club thus far. I believe my role is to represent the game for all our golfers, not just a select few. I don't rush to decisions but I'm not averse to change if I consider the change will benefit golf at BGC".
So, did I change things at all, or are things just as they were 2 years ago? You decide.
- The poles and netting which has been a feature beside the 14th green for many years were recently removed. The netting achieved little in the way of the protections initially envisaged and instead had become a feeding station for the many hundreds of Correllas feeding regularly on the lichen growing on the netting. The local rule which was in place dealing with interference with the netting is now withdrawn and the drop zone stake will be removed.
- There will be another working Bee next Monday (22nd March) to complete the bunker tuning at the 10th and 11th greens. Meeting at 07:30 at the 10th green (weather permitting) with rakes, shovels and spades. Should take no more than 2 hours with a good turnout.
- Wednesday 17th is the St Patrick's Day Irish 4Ball event. Best 2 Stableford scores each hole count for the team score.
- Saturday 20th is the next Trophy day with the Warwick Armstrong Cup. Single Stableford format.
- Saturday 27th is the Patron's Trophy event which also serves as the qualification round of the Club Championships in Foursomes.
- Sunday 28th is the final day for completion of the first round of the Arthur Brassey Knockout.
- A reminder of the Easter dates Friday 2nd - Monday 5th April.
- Saturday 10th April is the April Monthly Medal in conjunction with the Austen Richardson Tankard.
- Sunday 11th April is the Jubilee Cup.
Please see below the latest upcoming events flyer. Details are also kept up to date on the club's website.
Please book by phoning the bar on 48611042 (option 2)
Very Kind regards,
The following competition report was received from Don Barker.
On Sunday 14th March, Bowral 1 played Moss Vale 2 at St George's Basin Golf Club in very poor weather conditions. Unfortunately, Bowral 1 lost the event with a score of 2 1/2 to 4 1/2. As a result Bowral have been knocked out and Moss Vale will progress to the semi finals.
Congratulations to all the guys who represented the club throughout the competition. They gave a fine account of themselves and of our club. Well done, and bring on next year.
Wednesday 10th March. The Greens Keepers took their revenge with some challenging pin locations. 60 players in the field with the team of Darryl Purchase (1), Tony Fitzpatrick(11) and Don Barker (21) [5 1/2] scoring a nett 55 1/2 to win. In second place was the team of David Scholes (23), Eugene O'Sullivan (23) and Bob Moore (31) [12 5/6] with a nett 57 1/6.
The Eagle's Nest was won by Alan Lindsay for 2 balls. The NTP 11th was won by Brad Johnson and the Pro pin by Jim Larkin. Balls were won down to nett 59.
Friday 12th March. The "Nugget". Following a wet start to the day the weather cleared and gave the golfers a fine afternoon. 13 players in the field (12 Men and 1 Woman). 1). Stephen Heywood (33) 22 points. 2). Grant Blanchard (30) 21 points. 3). Robert James (21) 20 points via a count back from Chris Chui (30). Balls were won down to 17 points via count back and the NTP 6th was not won.
Sunday 14th March. Just 4 players in the field. Scott Olding (9) claimed the prize with 34 points.
Monday 15th March. "Monday Madness". 12 players in the field (11 men and 1 woman). James Nethersole (41) posted 22 points to win the 9-hole event from Eddie Jones (22) with 21 points. Balls down to 17 points via count back.
There will be a presentation following the Warwick Armstrong Cup next saturday and presentations will return to the old routine from then forwards.
Please go back to my previous blog and refer to the question shown, do your preparation and come to the presentation and try your luck!!
Now Go Out and Enjoy a Game of Golf !!!