- The Captain's Christmas Message
- Course Update
- Coming Events
- Recent Results
- A Little Humour
I would like to take this opportunity to wish all the members and the staff of Bowral Golf Club and their families and friends a very merry Christmas and hopefully the start of a much more enjoyable New Year. I'd like to thank all the members who have assisted me throughout this very turbulent year. I have compiled some photos into a montage that covers some of the different aspects we have experienced over the past 12 months. I hope to see you all back on the course for our first trophy competition next January 23rd. Until then, stay safe, keep your head down and enjoy your golf.
- Following the conclusion of the trophy calendar for the year, the staff will move into a course maintenance program over the next 3 weeks to allow for scheduled Christmas holidays. If any players have any issues on the course during this time, please contact the pro shop or myself.
- This coming Thursday the 17th is the annual Christmas drinks event. The festivities commence at 5pm and run until 7pm.
- The Clubhouse will be closed December 25th and 26th. The course will be closed on December 25th only.
- A reminder that the Covid protocols which were introduced over the past 9 months will be removed as of 1st January 2021. An email has been sent to all members recently advising of the details, (or you can scroll back and read my previous blog).
- This will be the last of my Blogs for 2020. The next Blog will be published on Monday 4th January. There will be a return to the rules quiz in the blog in anticipation of the first presentation on Saturday 16th January.
- All competitions will be Single Stableford format until Wednesday 20th January when we move back into varietal competitions again with a 4 BBB event. The sign-up sheet for the Arthur Brassey knockout competition will also open on the 20th.
- The next trophy event is the January Monthly Medal in conjunction with the Sefton Cullen Anniversary Cup on Saturday 23rd January.
- The Australia Day Medley will now feature the Captain V Captain competition. More on that in my next blog.
Wednesday 9th December. A single stableford competition with 76 entrants. The winner was Tony Wozniak (43) with 42 points. Best in 'A' grade was Ash Southon (14) with 39, 'B' grade David McGinnes (18) with 41 and 'C' grade Vernon Vella (24) with 40 points. Balls were won down to 35 points via a count back.
Friday 11th December. The "Nugget". 21 players in the 9-hole field with Ash Southon (15) scoring 22 points to claim first prize. In second was Chris Chiu (29) with 21 points, 3rd was Grant Blanchard (29) with 20 points and 4th was Brad Johnson with 19 points via a count back. Balls were won down to 17 points on count back
The Peter Tait Trophy, played over two rounds of stroke competition was won by one of our very promising juniors, Thomas Moulton (22) who was also leading after the first round. Thomas posted nett scores of 65 and 67 for a total of 132. Congratulations.
The Ted Box Trophy, won by the best placed eligible entrant who had won a monthly medal over the past calendar year was won on a count back by Ash Southon (14) with a nett score of 67.
Sunday 13th December. 14 players contested the white course mixed competition with Julie Hayden (17) scoring 38 points to claim the win. Nick Reinhard (10) posted 37 points to claim second and balls were won down to 34 points via a count back. Visitors from Stonecutters Ridge entered in the contest.
Monday 14th December. The "Monday Madness". Only two members in the Competition which was won by Bob Duffin (24) with 22 points.