- Course Update
- The Menu
- Coming Events
- Recent Results
- An Interesting Story
- The Brain Teaser
- A Little Humour
- Players will by now have noticed the pathworks on several holes. This project continues (after the rain clears) with the next major location being the 16th and 3rd tees. The section beside the 16th tee has already been placed, and the remainder will be completed shortly. The intention is to have all players assemble at the rear of the 16th tee and then utilise the new path for access to the 16th fairway. There is a significant safety issue with players assembling below the 16th tee while players are playing the 15th hole.
- The rain, which commenced on Sunday, has been considerable and the course is currently closed due to localised flooding. Please check the Club website for a daily 'Status' before heading in to play. It is likely that the course will be closed for most of the week, and the return of cart use will consequently be delayed.
- Another reminder about repairing your divots Please!!!!
Another excellent serving from Regina and her crew last week. Here is Tim's email for this week.
Week 18 Takeaway MenuGood morning everyone,This week, the pick-up day is Friday
As July comes to an end this week, we thought we would have one more Christmas in July themed dinner. Let's get festive!
2 course Meal ($25 per person)
Main: Pork Belly with Asian Fusion Sauce and roast vegetables
Soup ($10 per person): Thai Pumpkin
We are still offering our entire wine list for takeaway at a 10% discount. Click here to open our current wine list.
Contactless payment by EFTPOS or Member Account remains the preferred payment method.
Please order by emailing email@example.com or phoning 4861 1042 (option 4), with the number of meals and selections. Orders must be received by 5pm on Tuesday 28 July, 2020.
Collection times will be staggered from 4pm and I will advise of your time for pick up. Please collect from Bowral Golf Club, enter the clubhouse located at the corner of Kangaloon Rd and David St, Bowral.
Feel free to forward this to family, friends or anyone you think might be interested.
Keep well and I look forward to seeing you soon.
- The Club's AGM will be held this coming Thursday 30th July (see Helen!) Bookings are essential due to the Covid restrictions on numbers. Contact the office.
- Saturday 1st August is the John McMaster medal and Monthly Medal in conjunction.
- Sunday 2nd August is the quarter finals of the John Owens competition. Tee times are shown on the booking sheet with the associated match number.
- Sunday 9th is the semi finals and the following Sunday 16th is the final of the John Owens.
- The Club Championships for Mixed Foursomes (and the Wotton Trophy) will be held over 18 holes on Sunday 30th August.
Wednesday 22nd July. A wonderful Mid-Winter day. 75 players in the field which saw Chris Kunz (16) score 38 points to win the event. Best in 'A' grade was Langdon Emery (15) with 37 points, 'B' grade Craig Houden (20) with 37 points and 'C' grade was Eugene O'Sullivan (25) also with 37 points. Balls were won down to 32 points via count back.
Friday 24th July. The "Nugget". A good field of 29 players enjoyed some fine conditions on the Yellow course. Andrew Bova (27) scored 21 points to win this event from Don Barker (22), Tony Wozniak (45) and Wendy Burke (25), all of whom scored 19 points. Balls were won down to 18 points via count back.
Another beautiful Winter's day welcomed 93 players to the event. When the dust settled, the Captain's team had amassed 12.5 points to the President's 9.5 points to claim the trophy for 2020. In the 'Head-to-Head' contest, the President (paired with David Farthing) scored 44 points to beat the Captain (paired with John Buchanan) on 41 points. Thanks to everyone for showing their support to both teams. 2021 will see an entirely new (and exciting) format for this event.
Chris Kunz achieved his first ever Bowral competition win in Wednesday’s Stableford, after only 148 rounds and 20 months of membership.
Making it more remarkable were the facts that he hit off in the first group at 7:50am, playing through the frost; putted with a golf glove on his left hand to speed up play; and, completed the round still hitting the same PRO V1 golf ball he had used for 322 consecutive holes! That is 17 rounds and 16 holes, with 1,614 consecutive hits of the same ball… and hopefully more to come!
Understandably, after so many holes and hits the Bega Cheese logo on the number 4 Titleist PRO V1 has all but disappeared. Here it is with a new sibling:
The Brain Teaser
Thank you to all those who sent an answer to the teaser of last week. Helen Chadwick provided me with the 3rd correct response. The answer was "Addressing the Ball". Study the pictures below and send me your guess in this week's teaser, I'm going with the 2nd correct this week.
Email your guess to firstname.lastname@example.org
A Little Humour
Now Go out and Enjoy a Game of Golf !!