The most recent NSW Health advice relating to fully vaccinated adults indicates that in our LGA golf could be played in groups of three or four but non fully vaccinated would still be playing in groups of two. As always, we use the guidance from Golf NSW and Clubs NSW before we implement any changes. Currently Golf NSW are in the process of reviewing the legal aspects related to the change.
Also a reminder not to congregate in groups prior to or after your round, we are still limited to groups of two.
We will keep you posted as further clarification is available.
As a part of planning for the future needs of members we are keen to understand whether you will be requiring storage for a golf cart within the next two years or so.
This will allow us to plan for shed extensions and when the extra space would be required.
Please email Kevin if you are interested, click here.
We are placing a call out for "expressions of interest" to fill a vacancy we have in our greenskeeper staff. As you are probably aware a number of industries are finding it difficult to recruit and fill vacant positions. BGC is as well.
If you have a relative or know someone who would enjoy working with a great team, please email Kevin with their name and contact details. Email. No experience necessary, training will be provided by Matt and Adam.
Winter work list...
The major works to the Club House were:
- External repairs and painting
- Air-condition installed in the locker rooms
- New carpet installed.
The major Course work completed were:
- Drainage work completed on the 8th and 9th holes - recent rains have demonstrated the effectiveness of this work.
- New path to the 9th tee and the scrub removed from the area resulting in a complete makeover of this corner of the course.
- 15th Hole stormwater drains cleared and repaired.
- Ephemeral drain pipes on the 13th, 16th and 2nd holes cleared and repaired.
- 13th pond dam wall leaks filled and will be tested in the next week or so.
- 14th RHS bunker removed and green side reshaped and turfed.
- Removal of deceased and dangerous trees.
- Corella "scarers" installed on 4 greens. These appear to work and the 14th green is slowly recovering from the savage attacks a few months ago.
"Shoot Your Age" Competition...
First up let me say to all those left handed golfers - the 10th temporary tee did them no favours at all, unless you can swing effectively through a pine tree. The winning combination with nett 61.75 was John Hobbs and David Ferguson and runners up Sam Mulholland and Paul Carroll with nett 62.25. A good field for the event, 88 entrants.
A large field with a total of 119 entrants for both the mens and women's competition. The winner of the mens competition with 43 points was Alan Fischer with Gil Levy runner up on 42 points. Due to the size of the field the grade winners applied; A Grade winner Paul Pettiford 40 points on a count back; B Grade winner Bruce Franklin 39 points on a count back; C Grade winner Gil Levy. Ball winners went down to 35 points with 30 place getters - some very good rounds of golf on a renovated course.
Sunday - Medley Stableford
Winner was Noel Davis with 39 points on a count back from Bill Webster.
With winter temperatures returning today, a reduced field won by Ash Southon on 35 points.