- Course Update
- The Menu
- Coming Events
- Recent Results
- "Who Am I ?" Competition
- A Little Humour
- The recent (and continuing) cold and wet weather has resulted in the introduction of 'Preferred Lies' through the General Area of the course. This allows players the option of placing their ball within 30cm of its actual position. Note, the General Area does not include bunkers, penalty areas or greens. The ball may be cleaned in the process. Players should also check before play as to whether carts are permitted on the course. Also as a temporary measure, (due to water buildup) bunkers may be GUR, check with the Pro shop before play.
- Keen eyed players may have noticed some white spray painted lines at different areas of the course. The Board has just recently approved a major path renovation project across the course. It is hoped that all the paths will be completed during the Winter months. On occasions some short delays might be experienced due to construction work. This disruption will be kept to an absolute minimum.
- In addition to the path works, the boundary fence along Links and Burradoo Roads, will be improved to assist in maintaining the private nature of the property. A recent email was sent to members advising of the situation, and the corresponding issues we are experiencing with non-members accessing the course.
- The extensions to the cart storage shed have now been completed (see photos below), and this has meant a very welcome increase in the available space.
- The competition currently being run on Mondays in May (known as the Monday Madness) will be continued until further notice. The competition is played over the White course and the set up is the same as the Sunday competition.
- Clubhouse Re-opening Programme. I know everyone is anxious to know when the clubhouse will re-open. The NSW State Government recently announced details about a 50 person limit for club and restaurant venues. The BGC team is currently assessing the requirements included with this announcement, (there are a great number, believe me), which have been determined by Clubs NSW. We expect to be able to make an announcement in the next few days.
- Reminder!! All the CoVid-19 protocols which have been introduced at BGC remain in force. Social distancing is still a requirement!
Ok, hands up, who enjoyed the delicious Duck serving over the weekend!!?? Fabulous! Who knew those ducks you see out on the course could taste so delicious (just kidding). This week is #9 in the program, and Tim's email is reproduced below.
Week 9 Takeaway Menu
This week the pick-up days are Friday or Saturday.
The menu is:
2 course Meal (BGC Members $25 per person, non members $35 per person)
Beef Goulash with baby chat potatoes, carrots and pea puree
Black Forest Cake
Soup ($10 per person)
Cream of Mushroom Soup
We are also offering our entire wine list for takeaway at a 10% discount. When collecting your food have a look at the blackboard behind the bar for even more wine specials.
Payment to be made at the time of collection, only by EFTPOS or BGC Member number. Cash payments cannot be accepted.
Please order by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or phoning 4861 1042 (option 4), with the number of meals and selections. Orders must be received by 5pm on Tuesday 26 May, 2020
When ordering please nominate a collection day of either Friday or Saturday. Collection times will be staggered and I will advise of your time for pick up. Please collect from Bowral Golf Club, enter the clubhouse located at the corner of Kangaloon Rd and David St, Bowral.
Please forward this to family, friends or anyone you think might be interested.
Keep well and I look forward to seeing you soon.
- Saturday 30th May, a 3 player Aggregate Stableford event.
- Saturday 6th June, the June Monthly Medal.
- Wednesday 10th June, a 3 player Ambrose with a difference. Players are permitted only 4 clubs each for the entire round.
Wednesday 20th May. Another excellent field for our mid-week event, with 91 players joining the fray. As the number again exceeded the threshold of 70, the additional grade prizes were awarded. Grant Blanchard (26) scored 41 points to take the major prize, while in 'A' grade, Darryl Purchase (0) scored a fine 2 under par to post 38 points, in 'B' grade Andrew Tartu (16) scored 37 points and in 'C' grade Chris Harvey (26) rounded out the runners-up prizes with 37 points on a count back. Balls were awarded down to 33 points on count back.
Friday 22nd May. The "Nugget". Certainly a day for the most hardy of golfers. Cold, windy and wet!! (with snow falling the previous evening!). 6 players ventured onto the course and John Buchanan (16) with 20 points led them home. Grant Blanchard (26) with 18 points was awarded the runner-up prize and the remaining 4 players were each awarded a ball for their effort!
Sunday 24th May. Again a good field for the Sunday mixed competition. 25 men and 2 women challenged the Red course with David Spies (7) emerging with the best score. Ingrid Jensen (50) with 36 points won the runners-up prize on a count back. Balls were won down to 31 points on count back.
Congratulations to Rosemary Downing for winning the previous competition by correctly identifying Pam Barker as the Mystery member. So a new member is introduced this week. The clue,..
"A simple read of the Honour boards will show my name in several locations", who am I?
Send your guess to me at email@example.com
(note, the photo is a logo only)
A Little Humour.
Now Go Out and Enjoy a Game of Golf!!!