- Course Update
- Coming Events - Course
- Coming Events - Clubhouse
- Recent Results
- The Rules Quiz
- A Little Humour
- The weather over the past week has created considerable flooding across the entire course. As I advised members via email today, a number of fixtures will be moved as a result. The course is currently closed until the end of the week, but this situation is likely to continue well into next week. See the gallery of photos below to get a sense of the issue.
The following changes have been added to the playing calendar. Members are urged to check the calendar regularly to confirm future changes.
- The Patron's Trophy event (which also forms the qualifying for the Club Championships in Foursomes) was scheduled for this coming Saturday, but has been moved to Saturday 17th April. The 1/4 final of the Club Championship Foursomes is on the following day Sunday 18th April. The semi final will be held on Saturday 24th and the final on Saturday 8th May between the morning and afternoon competition fields.
- The closing date for round 1 of the Arthur Brassey Knockout has been extended until Sunday 4th April. Round 2 has been extended until the 25th April and the 1/4 final will be played by the 9th May.
- The Boxmor Trophy (President V Captain) will be played on the Wednesday 14th April to allow the event to be staged before the AGM the following day.
- The Jubilee Cup is scheduled for Sunday 11th April. This is a scratch Vardon event and is open to players with an AGU handicap of 12 or less. There is a Senior event within the main event. Entry is open now and a fee of $55 is payable with the application form (includes lunch). Applications close on Tuesday 6th April.
Upcoming Social EventsGood afternoon,
Please see below the latest upcoming events flyer. Details are also kept up to date on the club's website.
Please book by phoning the bar on 48611042 (option 2)
Very Kind regards,
Good morning everyone,
This week, we are offering takeaway meals for pick-up day on Friday 26 March 2021.
2-course Meal ($25 for members, $30 for non-members)
Main: Beef Goulash with Baby Chat Potatoes and Pea Puree
Dessert: Citrus Tart
We are offering our entire wine list for takeaway at a 10% discount.
Please order by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or phoning 48611042 (option 4), with the number of meals and selections. Orders must be received by 5pm on Tuesday 23 March 2021.
Collection times will be staggered and I will advise of your time for pick up. Please collect from Bowral Golf Club, enter the clubhouse located at the corner of Kangaloon Rd and David St, Bowral.
Feel free to forward this to family, friends or anyone you think might be interested.
Wednesday 17th March. St Patrick's Day. Despite some inclement weather, 75 players turned out for the inaugural staging of this event. Thanks to Kevin Kenny, Simon Kemp, John Mulholland and Vince O'Connor for kindly providing the prizes for the winning team. Thanks also to those players who dressed up to show their support. The winning team was comprised of Patrick Lane, Wayne Ison, Bruce Frankland and Chris Harvey and they won with a score of 85 points on a count back from the team of Terry Downing, Norris Dudgeon, Roberto Ratalino and Chris Kunz. As is the usual case, any prizes not collected at the presentation are held at the bar.
The Eagle's Nest was not emptied, the NTP 11th was won by John Ferguson and the Pro pin by Roberto Ratalino. We enjoyed the company of a visitor from Warringah GC.
As a result of the terrible weather, no further competitions were held over the past week.
The question asked in my #99th blog will be posed at the next Saturday presentation. Go back and have a read (and read the other blogs as well!!).
Now Swim out and Enjoy a Game of Golf !!!