- Course Update
- The Menu
- Coming Events
- Recent Results
- A Little Humour
The general condition of the course is superb. Though the divot situation is starting to re-appear. Please fill any divots you come across. You never know it might be you who lands in it next round.
Thanks also to the troops from the Dad's Army. They do an amazing job around the course, and this past week they christened the new trailer.
You just can't beat a good Coq au Vin, and true to form, the serving from last week was amazing. Here is the email from Tim for this week.
Good morning everyone,
This week, the pick-up day is Friday 23 October
2 course Meal ($25 for members, $30 for non-members)
Main: Homemade Lamb Curry with basmati rice
Dessert: Passionfruit Pannacotta
We are offering our entire wine list for takeaway at a 10% discount.
Please order by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or phoning 48611042 (option 4), with the number of meals and selections. Orders must be received by 5pm on Tuesday 20 October 2020.
Collection times will be staggered from 4.30pm and I will advise of your time for pick up. Please collect from Bowral Golf Club, enter the clubhouse located at the corner of Kangaloon Rd and David St, Bowral.
Feel free to forward this to family, friends or anyone you think might be interested.
Keep well and I look forward to seeing you soon.
- This coming Wednesday is a 4BBB Stableford event with no associated single event.
- The next two Saturdays, 24th and 31st, are the two rounds of the Vicars Shield. This is an aggregate Stableford event over two days. Players will play off their appropriate daily handicap for each day.
- A reminder to complete the 1/4 final round of the Club Championship knock out by next Sunday 25th October.
- Wednesday 28th October is the inaugural staging of the 'Crazy Tee Day'. The prizes are still being confirmed with the sponsors, but there are also the two pewter mugs to be presented to the winners along with the prestige of being the 'Cock of the Walk' trophy holders for the following year.
- Tuesday 3rd of November will see the staging of the Melbourne Cup Medley. More information when we can better assess the covid impact closer to the day.
- There will be a Titleist fitting day on Monday 16th November, and a Callaway fitting day on Monday 23rd November. Contact the pro shop to make a booking.
The final results of the 2020 Winter Eclectic. In the scratch event, Dick Hiser amassed 56 to beat Nick Reinhard by one stroke. In the nett event Dick Hiser (6.5) posted a 49.5 to beat John Mellen (7) on 51 via a count back.
Wednesday 14th October. A 3 ball aggregate Stableford format with 75 players in the field. The team of Roberto Ratalino (20), Vernon Vella (26) and John Ferguson (14) posted 111 points to comfortably claim the prize. In second, was the team of John Jones (16), Norris Dudgeon (22) and Alan Turpie (21) with 108 points via a count back. The best single score on the day was posted by Jacob Nicholls (16) with 41 points via a count back. Balls were won down to 100 points.
Friday 16th October. The "Nugget". Just 16 players in the field, 12 men and 4 ladies. Noel Davis (15) posted 21 points to win from Gil Levy (14) with 20 points, Fran Dubiez (26) scored 18 points to claim 3rd from Scott Olding (7) on a count back. Balls were won down to 16 points via count back.
Saturday 17th October. The final round of the newly re-established 'Watson Cup'. This cup was donated by Thomas Watson in 1935. Tom was a visiting club member and was the manager of Tooth & Co in Sydney. He was a subscriber to the 'Debenture' issue of 1939. The event was only held on one occasion (in 1937), and was won by P.W. McIntyre. P.W. was the manager of the Bowral branch of the CBC Bank. The trophy vanished shortly after and only returned to the club after P.W died in 1961. The trophy was resurrected for this event to be presented to the winner of the Club Champion in the Nett format over 54 holes of stroke play.
James Pinkstone (9) posted nett scores of 69, 70 and 66 for a 2 under par total of 205 to beat John Mellen (13) on a count back. John's scores were 71, 66 and 68.
Sunday 18th October. Winner John Buchanan (14) with 42 points.
Monday 19th October. "Monday Madness". Winner David Bleakley (16) with 21 points.
"What kind of player is Johnny Bean?" asked one member of his caddie on the day before the competition.
"Hopeless." The caddie replied, "He slices and hooks and goes into every bunker. He seems to think that the way to the hole is via the rough."
"That's great news" responded the member.
"Oh not really sir, he'll still beat you!"
Now Go out and Enjoy a Game of Golf!!!