- Course Update
- The Menu
- Coming Events
- Recent Results
- A Little Humour
- The Greens Staff are to be roundly congratulated for the presentation of the course for the Club Championships. The greens are (in my opinion) a week off being at their very best, so this coming weekend should be a cracker!
- Please, please, please fill in your divots and the occasional aeration holes where you find them. Pitch marks also. When I was first mentored into golf, my mentor advised me that it was good golf etiquette to repair not just your own pitch mark, but at least one other. Perhaps a good reminder.
This week is a new selection from Regina's repertoire. Don't miss out!! Here's Tim's email.
Good morning everyone,
This week, the pick-up day is Friday 9 October
2 course Meal ($25 for members, $30 for non-members)
Main: Porchetta made with Cumin, Orange and Herbs, Potato Gratin and Steamed Greens
We are offering our entire wine list for takeaway at a 10% discount.
Please order by emailing email@example.com or phoning 48611042 (option 4), with the number of meals and selections. Orders must be received by 5pm on Tuesday 6 October 2020.
Collection times will be staggered from 4.30pm and I will advise of your time for pick up. Please collect from Bowral Golf Club, enter the clubhouse located at the corner of Kangaloon Rd and David St, Bowral.
Feel free to forward this to family, friends or anyone you think might be interested.
Keep well and I look forward to seeing you soon.
- Next Saturday is the final round for qualifying in the Club Championships. Players need to advise the pro shop of their intentions in regards to the options available. Your options are ;- 1. Play only the daily stroke round (i.e. not enter the Championships), or 2. Allow your score to be considered for the 'Open' grade if your Daily handicap is 13 or greater (note, players with a Daily Handicap of 12 or less are in the 'Open' grade regardless), or 3. Allow your score to be considered for your grade Championship only. Players who allow their score to be considered for the 'Open' grade and who do not qualify for that grade, are still considered for their applicable grade.
- Next Saturday is also the final round for the Lifestyle Cup, and the Veterans Plate. Players need to advise the pro shop of their status for the Veterans' Plate, as it is open to players of 65 years and over.
- Next Saturday is the 2nd round of the Watson Cup. The final round is the following weekend.
- Next Sunday (11th October) we will hold the Bradford Cup. This is essentially the Junior Club Championship. It is a mixed event, and all eligible juniors are encouraged to enter. The format is 18 holes of Stableford competition on the Blue course. We have a number of juniors in the club at present and it will be great to see the Trophy contested again after a 15 year absence.
- Don't miss out on the 28th October Wednesday round. This is the first 'Trophy' for a weekday. The Crazy tee day has tee locations which extend the length of the course a little and we have re-rated this course at Par 72. The competition is a 4BBB with no single event in conjunction. The Prize is the 'Cock of the Walk' pewter mugs. More info as we get closer to the day.
- November 3rd is a Melbourne Cup Medley day. Details will be advised when available.
- Two golf fitting days have been arranged in November. Monday 16th will be Titleist again, while Monday 23rd will be Callaway. Make bookings at the pro shop.
It's been a very busy time on the course over the past week. We averaged in excess of 100 players on the course every day.
Wednesday 30th September. The final competition for the month, and a very changeable day was experienced. Sun, showers, cold, warm, the full spectrum. A great midweek field of 84 players took to the course. Jim Larkin (13) swept all before him with a fine 42 points. Best graded scores were 'A' grade, Kevin Kenny (2) 38 points, 'B' grade Alan Lindsay (22) with 37 points via a count back and 'C' grade Chris Harvey (24) with 37 points. Balls were won down to 35 points via a count back.
Friday 2nd October. The "Nugget". A wonderfully fine day for golf. 36 players in the field with 10 ladies and 26 men. First place went to Penny Lawless (47) with 24 points, 2nd to Meeghan Bourne (44) with 22 points, 3rd to Sonya Bleakley (35) with 21 points via a count back from 4th, Alan Turpie (23). Balls were won down to 18 points via a count back.
The following are the 15 top provisional standings for each grade after the first round of the club Championships. (Players are requested to ensure they advise the pro shop of their intentions in regard to which grade they wish to contest).
Monday 5th October. "Monday Madness". Again a small field. This time played over 18 holes due to the Veterans being on the course, and not creating a 'blending' issue. Ash Southon (14) beat Nick Reinhard by 6 shots for back to back wins and 36 points in the process.
Michelle Di Natale claims another title.
We have been advised that Michelle has claimed another win in a major event. The Liverpool Cup was held on Wednesday 30 September. It is a Jean Derrin 'Vardon' event and as such is open to players with a GA handicap of less than 14.4. Michelle, who is currently playing off GA 0.1, won the event with an impressive scratch score of 76. Par on this course is 74 and the Scratch Rating is 75. Well done Michelle!
A Little Humour
Now Go out and Enjoy a game of Golf!!!