- Course Update
- The Menu
- Coming Events
- Recent Results
- "Who Am I ?" Competition
- A Little Humour
- As of last Saturday (6th June) the 4th hole is being played from the Red course tee box. This will remain the case for the rest of Winter.
- Commencing 6th July, the "Monday Madness" competition will become a 9 hole event. The format will be identical to the "Nugget" competition. This is as a result of feedback received over the past few weeks.
- The next stage of course improvement projects will commence shortly. A full re-vamp of the numerous paths on the course will be undertaken. The intention is to: improve cart access, better define the paths and improve the visual impact across the course. There will be some occasional disruption to holes, but this will be kept to a minimum. The entire project should be completed by the end of Winter.
- An additional project will also commence shortly, to better secure the perimeter fencing that runs along the Links and Burradoo Roads. I'll be calling for the assistance of members in the form of some regular working bees to get the work completed. The fence runs for approximately 1.5km!! Stay tuned.
Loving the weekends at present. Not having to decide what to eat is such a luxury. I hope you all agree. Last weekend's Moussaka was outstanding.
Here's Tim's email for this week.
Week 11 Takeaway Menu
Good morning everyone,
It's been so great this week seeing some familiar faces around the clubhouse!
This week, the pick-up day is only Friday.
The menu is:
2 course Meal (BGC Members $25 per person, non members $35 per person)
Main: Pork Belly, served on a bed of mash with asian fusion sauce and greens
Dessert: Chocolate Fondant
Soup ($10 per person):
Potato and Leak
We are still offering our entire wine list for takeaway at a 10% discount.
Contactless payment by EFTPOS or Member Account remains the preferred payment method.
Please order by emailing email@example.com or phoning 4861 1042 (option 4), with the number of meals and selections. Orders must be received by 5pm on Tuesday 9 June, 2020.
Collection times will be staggered from 4pm and I will advise of your time for pick up. Please collect from Bowral Golf Club, enter the clubhouse located at the corner of Kangaloon Rd and David St, Bowral.
Please forward this to family, friends or anyone you think might be interested.
Keep well and I look forward to seeing you soon.
- The John Owens 4BBB team knockout has been re-scheduled and the signup sheet is available in the pro shop. There has been a change to the Conditions of Competition (can be viewed on the club website). Basically the matches are programmed onto the closing date for each round. So a team no longer has to contact their opposing team to arrange a date to play, they just have to turn up in time for their match. However, if teams wish to play their match on a different date (but before the due date), they may co-ordinate to achieve this. If a team is unable to play their match on the designated Sunday, and has been unable to re-schedule, then they will be considered to have forfeited.
- The Club Championships in Mixed Foursomes (in conjunction with the Wotton Trophy for mixed handicap foursomes) has been scheduled for the 30th August. Due to the time constraints of covering a significant number of trophies in the remainder of the year, the event for 2020 will be held over 18 holes only. Amended Conditions of Competition will be published shortly. Start getting your partners primed!!
- This Wednesday's event is an Ambrose with a difference. Each player is permitted to use only a maximum of 4 clubs during the round. The usual rules about swapping or borrowing clubs apply, i.e. You can't! Each player is required to provide 5 drives during the round. Some interesting conversations about which clubs to include. For example, do you all take a putter? Which wedge will you carry? etc etc. Remember, golf is for fun, so enjoy the different format.
- Saturday 20th is the next trophy day. The H A Murdoch Trophy.
Wednesday 3rd June. Another beautiful Wintery day and 80 players in a good midweek field. The count back system was required for all prizes in this event, with 37 points as the benchmark. Tony Hobson (14) finished best to claim first, with Paul Pettiford (12) winning best 'A' grade, John Jones (18) best 'B' grade and David Scholes (25) best 'C' grade, with all these players scoring 37 points! Balls were won down to 33 points on count back.
Friday 5th June. The "Nugget". Another strong field of 35 for this event, and further indication of the popularity of the format. Don Barker (23) posted 23 points to win from Alan Turpie (20) with 21 points. Balls were won down to 18 points on count back.
Monday 8th June. "Monday Madness". The Queen's Birthday long weekend concluded with today's event and 24 players joined up to play. David Spies (8) posted 40 points to win the day from Tom Dunlop (20) with 38 points. Balls were won down to 34 points via count back.
No correct responses over the past week to this mystery member's identity. Here is a new clue.
"I'm a long time member of the Barwon Heads group, who am I?"
Email your guess to firstname.lastname@example.org
(Note, the photo is a logo only)
And you thought the frost was heavy!! ........
Now Go Out and Enjoy a Game of Golf!!