- Course Update
- The Menu
- Coming Events
- Recent Results
- The Brain Teaser
- A Little Humour
- The Pathwork is continuing over the next few weeks. In the last couple of days the boys have extended the path heading to the 1st fairway, the path leading to the 5th fairway and the path from the 12th green to the triple tee. These paths are still to be rolled (see photos). Also almost completed is the access way beside the cart sheds. There is now an area available for washing down the carts after use. The next major work will be to the path beside the 3rd tee.
- Thanks to Pat Donoghue for all his work in filling divots and bird damage across the course over the past months. Divots remain an issue at our club. It's a player's responsibility to repair their own divots. Also it's a kindness to other players to repair any other divots you come across. Thank you for your diligence.
- Breaking News. The club has received a requirement that we exclude members or guests from entering or utilising the club in any way if they have visited Victoria in the past 14 days. If you fall into this category please don't come to the club until you have isolated for 14 days. Contact the office for more details.
This is the 17th edition of the club's takeaway menu!!. If you haven't tried it yet, you are really missing out on a treat. Here is Tim's email for this week.
Week 17 Takeaway MenuGood morning everyone,
This week, the pick-up day is Friday
2 course Meal ($25 per person)
Corned Beef, Cabbage, Mashed Potato and Parsley Sauce
Apple Crumble and Thickened Cream
Soup ($10 per person):
Sweet Potato and Carrot
We are still offering our entire wine list for takeaway at a 10% discount. Click here to open our current wine list.
Contactless payment by EFTPOS or Member Account remains the preferred payment method.
Please order by emailing email@example.com or phoning 4861 1042 (option 4), with the number of meals and selections. Orders must be received by 5pm on Tuesday 21 July, 2020.
Collection times will be staggered from 4pm and I will advise of your time for pick up. Please collect from Bowral Golf Club, enter the clubhouse located at the corner of Kangaloon Rd and David St, Bowral.
Feel free to forward this to family, friends or anyone you think might be interested.
Keep well and I look forward to seeing you soon.
- Saturday 25th July is the annual President V Captain competition for the Boxmor Trophy. Players need to ensure they are booked as a Foursome. Advise the pro shop of the team you want to represent (if you wish to be included ) and your 4 ball score will be compared at random to a pair from the opposing team. Each result will be worth 1 point to either the President or the Captain (or halved if appropriate). The team with the highest score wins the Boxmor for 2020 (and bragging rights!!!). There will be a single stableford competition in conjunction, however the team event is the event of the day, and the usual team provisions (like giving advice etc) apply.
- Thursday 30th July is the AGM. Commencing at 6pm in the clubhouse. There are only limited slots still available, contact the office to book if you wish to attend.
- Saturday 1st August is the next Monthly Medal and the John McMaster Medal will be held in conjunction.
- Sunday 2nd August is the 1/4 final round of the John Owens Trophy. If your match has not been completed beforehand, it will be played in the time slot allocated on the 2nd. The booking is under the match number.
- Tuesday 11th August is a Titleist fitting day. If you wish to attend for a fitting, contact the pro shop to for a time slot.
Wednesday 15th July. A very wet and blustery day. Just 37 players ventured out and Brian Hanrahan (14) swam his final lap quickest to post 37 points to win on a count back from David Bickford (12). Balls were won down to 33 points via count back.
Friday 17th July. The "Nugget". A field of 26 players (18M/8L) took to the Yellow course and Meeghan Bourne (47) scored 25 points to win the day. In 2nd was Scott Olding (18) with 22 points, 3rd was Murray Fox (37) with 21 points and 4th was Matthew Stedman (26) with 20 points on count back.
Saturday 18th July. The Captain's Trophy day. Do I look after you folk or what!!?? An early Spring day, no wind and easy pin locations! (Just remember that when you are considering which team to nominate for in the Boxmor next Saturday). John Hopkins (22) fired up and posted a net 68 to beat Tony Fitzpatrick on a count back. Well done!! The 'A' grade winner was Tony Fitzpatrick (11) with his net 68. The 'B' grade winner was John Oakes (17) with a net 69 while the 'C' grade prize went to Chris Chiu (30), also with a net 69. Balls were won down to net 72 via count back.
Monday 20th July. "Monday Madness". A chilly, though sunny day. Just 8 players in the field (6M/2L). Vince O'Connor (21) posted 21 points in the 9 hole competition to win from Sue Thorley (46) with 19 points.
The contest was not won last week due to insufficient responses. I'm looking for the 4th correct entry which I receive at firstname.lastname@example.org
This week is a new teaser. If you can also guess the correct answer from the teaser in last week's blog you'll get a bonus. Study the photograph and see if you can work out the answer. All the teasers are golf-based.
Now Go Out and Enjoy a Game of Golf!!!