- Course Update
- The Menu
- Coming Events
- Recent Results
- The Brain Teaser
- A Little Humour
- My announcement in uppercase lettering last week has shown some traction. There was a small improvement in the DIVOT situation. However, I am still seeing far too many players not carrying a sand bucket (????), and many others not fixing their divot after play (???). If you see someone take a shot and not fix their divot, you have my permission to give them a rip.
- The news is currently full of Covid 2nd-wave bulletins. We are very conscious of keeping up to date with the situation in NSW and our local region. The protocols which are currently in place at BGC will remain in place until such time that the virus is no longer an impending issue. Please remain vigilant, use the already established hygiene regimens and keep up the 1.5m physical separation standard. Complacency is one of our greatest flaws.
- All active players will have seen the progress of phase 1 of the Paths Project. The paths were being rolled today, and phase 1 should now be complete. See the photos below for a progress update. The next phase will commence in late July or early August.
The weeks keep flying by..... Here is Tim's email for next week.
Week 16 Takeaway Menu
Good morning everyone,
This week, the pick-up day is Friday
2 course Meal ($25 per person)
Main: Coq au Vin with Creamy Mash and Green Beans
Dessert: Lime Panna Cotta with Berry Coulis
Soup ($10 per person): Creamy Mushroom
We are still offering our entire wine list for takeaway at a 10% discount. Click here to open our current wine list.
Contactless payment by EFTPOS or Member Account remains the preferred payment method.
Please order by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or phoning 4861 1042 (option 4), with the number of meals and selections. Orders must be received by 5pm on Tuesday 14 July, 2020.
Collection times will be staggered from 4pm and I will advise of your time for pick up. Please collect from Bowral Golf Club, enter the clubhouse located at the corner of Kangaloon Rd and David St, Bowral.
Feel free to forward this to family, friends or anyone you think might be interested.
Keep well and I look forward to seeing you soon.
- This Wednesday (15th) is our July Open Day. The event is a 4BBB only (there is no single event) and scorecards need only be filled by one player per pair. After entering your score into the computer, please leave the scorecard in the box provided (not in the bin) to enable the processing of count backs.
- Saturday 18th is the Captain's Trophy and is a stroke event.
- Saturday 25th is the Boxmor trophy, President V Captain 4BBB plus individual Stableford. When you know who your playing partner is, ( if you wish to have your score apply toward the Boxmor trophy) please add your team to the signup sheet in the appropriate column. I will produce a numbered draw for the pro shop to use when comparing scores for the trophy.
- Thursday 30th July, the Bowral Golf Club AGM at 6pm in the clubhouse. Please book a slot from the office if you wish to attend as numbers are very limited due to the Covid requirements.
- A club fitting day has being booked with Titleist for the 11th August from 11 am to 3 pm. Bookings are required and a signup form will be available shortly.
Wednesday 8th July. A single stableford event with 64 entrants. (This is the first Wednesday where the 70 player threshold has not been met to trigger the extra prize payouts.) Stephen Heywood (41) posted 41 points to win the event from Kevin Burke (28) with 39 points via count back. Balls were won down to 32 points. An interesting note, the 10th hole (PAR 5) was reduced to just over 300m and as a result only 9 birdies were registered. Was the temptation to 'drive the green' too great for many? Amazing how your head plays with your game.
Friday 10th July. The "Nugget". Another solid field size of 36 players (22M/14L) entered the contest and when the dust settled it was Chris Chiu (32) with 24 points in first place. Don Barker (20) scored 21 points to beat Alan Turpie (20) on a count back for 2nd place and Stephen Heywood (41) posted 20 points to claim 4th via a count back. Balls went down to 19 points via count back.
Sunday 12th July. Another small field of only 5 players. Scott Olding (16) scored 33 points to win the day's event.
The Brain Teaser.
Congratulations to Robert Eriksson for providing the correct response to the recent teaser. He correctly determined that Tom had 7 balls while Bill had 5. Robert also correctly identified that silhouette 'B' was the correct answer to the previous teaser.
See the photo below for the new teaser. Remember the 4th correct responder will claim the prize. Send your guess to email@example.com