- Course Update
- The Menu
- Coming Events
- Recent Results
- "Who Am I ?" Competition
- A Little Humour
- Thank you to all the players for doing a better job of repairing the divots across the course. A definite improvement noted. Please keep up the effort and help create the best possible surface for play.
- The 4th fairway extension is looking better every week. See the photos for an update. We will shortly move from the temporary tee to the Red course tee box, so the hole will start to play a little more like the index. Stay tuned.
- Thanks To our 'Painter', John McGuire, for continuing his course coverage by painting the wall on the dam at the 2nd. I hope everyone is enjoying the fantastic colour display across the course with this beautiful Autumn weather. Thankfully, due to the watering efforts of our staff and volunteers over the intense drought, we lost very few of our specimen trees and can now enjoy the true ambiance of our course.
- In Breaking News, the following email has just been received from Golf NSW.
Golf NSW can advise that the NSW Office of Sport and NSW State Government are continuing efforts to finalise guidelines for recreation, exercise, and sport. Many sports will be included in these guidelines and will recommence in the near future.
These guidelines will also form the basis for amendments to the current NSW Public Health Order in relation to COVID-19.
Whilst confirmation of the guidelines is not expected until Wednesday, May 13, golf Clubs should anticipate the playing of golf in groups of four from Friday, May 15, with outdoor gathering numbers not exceeding 10 persons.
Clubs should also maintain all current practices and measures in regard to social distancing and good hygiene.
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
As a result we are pleased to advise that, commencing Saturday May 16th, play will revert to our usual 3 person slots. This will permit a maximum of 3 groups to be in the vicinity of the 1st tee at any one time and still retain the requirements of the maximum of 10 persons in one vicinity. Social Distancing requirements remain in place. The booking sheets will be available to book in 3's from this evening (Monday).
Last week the chef (Regina) and her team put together a meal in celebration of Mother's Day. Another excellent offering from our kitchen. If you haven't got on this train yet, you are really missing out on a treat!!
This week's menu is provided below in Tim's email.
This week the pick-up days are Friday and Saturday.
The menu is:
2 course Meal ($25 per person)
Morrocan Chicken Tagine with dates served with chickpea, almond, mint and feta couscous
Lime and coconut cheese cake
Soup ($10 per person)
Pea and Ham
We are also offering our entire wine list for takeaway at a 10% discount. When collecting your food have a look at the blackboard behind the bar for even more wine specials.
Payment to be made at the time of collection, only by EFTPOS or BGC Member number. Cash payments cannot be accepted.
Please order by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or phoning 4861 1042 (option 4), with the number of meals and selections. Orders must be in by 5pm on Tuesday 5 May 2020.
When ordering please nominate a collection day of either Friday or Saturday. Collection times will be staggered and I will advise of your time for pick up.
Don't forget to recycle those brown paper bags. Drop them back into the club and we will re-use them for future orders.
Finally, I have been asked if you have to be a member to order our delicious takeaway. Certainly not. Feel free to forward this email to family and friends.
I look forward to seeing you soon.
- Saturday 16th May, The Stanford Trophy. Single Stableford.
- The published Foursomes events due for play in May have been postponed until further notice.
- Saturday 23rd May, 2 ball aggregate Stableford event.
- Saturday June 6th, The June Monthly Medal.
Wednesday 6th May, a mild Autumn day saw 84 players in the field to contest a two person Ambrose event played on the Red course. This was the first event for the men which has been played on this course, and there were some very low scores. The father and son pairing of John and Sam Mulholland (4 3/4) showed the field a clean pair of cleats by scoring a scratch 60 to net a score of 55 1/4. In second was the pairing of our club professional Kevin Kenny and his playing partner George Buschman (11) with a net 58. Balls were won down to a score of 65 1/4 on count back.
Monday 11th May, "Monday Madness" on the White course. 11 Players enjoyed a beautiful Autumn Monday competition with Ash Southon (15) finishing with 42 points to win the day from Robert Bearup (17) with 37 points. Balls were won down to 34 points on count back. This competition is currently available for Mondays in May only, however this will be re-assessed shortly to see if we will continue the competition into June. Stay tuned.
Our mystery member is still unidentified after 2 weeks now. Perhaps the clue this week will provide enough information for you to make a guess.
"Whilst I've never been on the BGC club's board, I'm on several BGC club boards, who am I?"
Send your response to email@example.com
(Note, the photo is a logo only)
Now Go out and Enjoy a Game of Golf!!!