- Course Update
- The Menu
- Coming Events
- Recent Results
- "Who Am I ?" Competition
- A Thought .....
- As all members are now aware, the club has returned to playing in 3s during competitions on Tuesdays/Wednesdays/Thursdays and Saturdays. Play in 4s is allowed on all other days, and in non-competition play on the days noted in the previous sentence. The reason we cannot move to play in 4s on the listed competition days is due to the limitation of a maximum of 10 people in an outside gathering. This limitation would be tested due to the current size of the fields on those days.
- Members may now invite guests to join them in the member's own group up to the limit of the available slot (i.e. The member may invite 2 guests to fill a 3-player slot, or 3 guests to fill a 4-player slot). The member must be in the group, and is responsible for their guests compliance with the established CoVid-19 protocols.
- The recent announcements regarding the slight relaxing of the maximum numbers allowed in a gathering, has not provided sufficient economics to justify opening the Clubhouse just yet. Clubs are not yet permitted to open as a bar only (food must be consumed in order to partake of alcohol service, maximum of 10 patrons at any time). As soon as we are able to re-open, we will do so. The team is constantly monitoring the situation in order to make the club facilities available as soon as possible. This also means that our food and coffee service remains 'Takeaway Only', and cannot be consumed whilst in the vicinity of the clubhouse.
- The course is starting to soften underfoot, and we will shortly be moving to Winter conditions. To this end, could members who utilise carts for play please avoid driving into areas of known soft surfaces. I'm sure that being members you are all aware of the location of these sensitive areas.
- The 4th fairway continues to 'grow-in'. See the photo for the latest update. I've added some photos from just over 5 months ago to remind members of how things have changed over that timeframe. Quite a reminder!!
Another culinary success over the weekend. The fabulous food keeps on coming!!
The menu for this next weekend is re-produced below. Unfortunately, by the time you read this blog, the orders will have closed, so perhaps this is just a tease for those who may have missed out.
The menu is:
2 course Meal ($25 per person)
Confit duck with caramelised orange vinegar, mash and green beans
Soup ($10 per person)
Winter Vegetable Soup
- Saturday 30th is a 3 ball aggregate Stableford competition.
- Reminder of the 'Monday Madness' competitions being held during May. Same format as the Sunday medley competition which has been running for 9 months.
- Saturday June 6th is the next Monthly Medal day.
- Wednesday 10th June is a fun day. This is a 3 person Ambrose event, where players are permitted to use only 4 clubs each during the round. 4 drives per player required.
Wednesday 13th May. The excellent fields continue unabated. Perhaps the it's the weather??? 86 players turned out for the competition on another of our fabulous Autumn days. Des Perkins (28) emerged as the victor with 41 points. In the runner-up positions for each grade were 'A' David Bickford (14) with 39 points on count back, 'B' Roberto Ratalino (21) with 39 points and 'C' Bill Davison (29) with 38 points. Balls were won down to a score of 35 points on count back.
Friday 15th May, The "Nugget". Some excellent scores on this popular event. Robert Eriksson (22) with 25 points won the day from Robert Bearup (18) with 22 points. The 'leading lady' on the day was Rosemary Pettiford (39) with 21 points on count back.
Saturday 16th May. A trophy event, something of a rarity at present. The J M Stanford Trophy. Again another large field of 99 turned out on another beautiful day after some overnight drizzle. The Captain, Dick Hiser (13) with 40 points emerged with the trophy. The grade runners-up winners were 'A' Mathew Helm (15) 39 points on count back, 'B' Ross Jauncey (21) 37 points on count back and 'C' Bob Constable (25) with 37 points on count back. Balls were won down to 34 points on count back.
Monday 18th May. "Monday Madness", 8 players into the fray on a very changeable day, 6 men and 2 ladies. Wilma Lung (42) winning the day with 38 points from John Ferguson (14) with 37.
Still no winner to this current competition, so this clue should provide all the information you need to solve the puzzle.
"Since the last blog, I have played in 4 competitions, completed 66 holes and amassed 84 points and a -3 score. Who am I?"
Email your guess to email@example.com
(Note, the photo is a logo only)
Life is Like a Round of Golf
Author: Criswell Freeman
Life is like round of golf
With many a turn and twist.
But the game is much too sweet and short
To curse the shots you've missed.
Sometimes you'll hit it straight and far
Sometimes the putts roll true.
But each round has it's errant shots
And troubles to play through.
So always swing with courage
No matter what the lie.
And never let the hazards
Destroy the joy inside.
And keep a song within your heart
Give thanks that you can play.
For the round is much too short and sweet
To let it slip away.
Now Go Out and Enjoy a Game of Golf !!!