- Course (and Club) Update
- The Menu
- Coming Events
- Recent Results
- "Who Am I?" Competition
- A Little Humour
- Divots! Divots! Divots! Pleeeeeeeeeze everyone, repair your divots (and any others you come across). Make sure to have a sand bucket with you at all times, (even when practicing!) and use it. Every shot will require some sort of turf repair.
- A reminder that the "Monday Madness" competition format changes to a Yellow course 9-hole on Monday 6th July.
- The Paths project gets underway on the 6th July on the 6th, 7th, 10th and 12th holes.
- The area to the north of the 8th fairway and green is very soft underfoot. This area receives almost no sunlight during the Winter months and as a result remains soft and wet for most of this period. This year the area is wetter than usual, so the area has been roped-off and GUR established. 3 Drop zones with Blue stakes have been positioned on the other side of the fairway (in the rough) for players to use. Use the most appropriate zone. (See the photos below.)
- The John Owens draw is displayed on both the pro shop and main clubhouse notice boards. There are tee times established for each 'Match' on the relevant Sundays.
- The club kitchen wash-bay floor was in urgent need of repair, and over the weekend the repair process was commenced. As might be expected, in a building as old as our clubhouse, more work was revealed when the old floor covering was removed. Thankfully one of our members came to our assistance and is fixing the problem. The new floor covering will be completed by next weekend. There will hopefully be no interruption in the kitchen operation during this time.
- A new cart path is being established beside the cart storage shed to improve access. In addition, a cart wash-bay will be constructed to reduce some of the drainage issues in the area above the shed entry.
- Members are reminded of the following regarding annual fee renewal. Payments are due by July 1, non- financial members after July 31 will be removed from the membership database.
Payment options are available on playing categories, please contact email@example.com, or if you would like to discuss your membership options please contact Kevin Kenny.
Another fine offering last weekend from Regina and the team. I can't believe this is now week 13 since the program began. Here is a copy of Tim's email.
Week 13 Takeaway Menu , Good morning everyone,
This week, the pick-up day is Friday.
The menu is:
2 course Meal (BGC Members $25 per person, non members $35 per person)
French Cassoulet with chicken, sausage, bacon and a crunchy lemon zest breadcrumb topping
Soup ($10 per person):
Roasted Tomato and Capsicum
We are still offering our entire wine list for takeaway at a 10% discount.
Contactless payment by EFTPOS or Member Account remains the preferred payment method.
Please order by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or phoning 4861 1042 (option 4), with the number of meals and selections. Orders must be received by 5pm on Tuesday 23 June, 2020.
Collection times will be staggered from 4pm and I will advise of your time for pick up. Please collect from Bowral Golf Club, enter the clubhouse located at the corner of Kangaloon Rd and David St, Bowral.
Feel free to forward this to family, friends or anyone you think might be interested.
Keep well and I look forward to seeing you soon.
- Saturday 4th July is our next Medal day. The 4th hole will revert to it's full length for this competition and onwards. The new fairway will still be 'Compulsory GUR', walk around the outside of the marked area.
- Monday 6th July is the start of the 9-hole Monday Madness, and also the commencement date for the first stage of the paths project.
- Saturday 18th July is the Captains Trophy, a stroke round.
- Saturday 25th July is the Boxmore Trophy, President V Captain trophy.
- The date for the club AGM will be advised shortly.
Wednesday 17th June. A glorious Winter's day, and 99 players enjoyed the weather on the course. Ric Denny (30) posted the best score of the day with a 41 pointer. In 'A' grade the best score went to Phil Jeffery (11) with 37 points on count back. In 'B' grade Alan Lindsay (22) produced 36 points to win the grade while Bill Davison (29) matched that score to win for 'C' grade. Balls were won down to 32 points via count back.
Friday 19th June. The "Nugget". Another great field of 44 players, with 24 men and 20 ladies in the mix. Adam Bell (41) fired 23 points to take the prize from Grant Poolman (20) with 22 points via count back. Balls were won down to 19 points via count back.
Saturday 20th June. The H A Murdoch Trophy day. Another large field of 105 players enjoyed superb weather and produced some fine results in the process. David McGinnes (18) posted 40 points to secure the trophy from Bruce Windybank (28) with 38 points. The daily Stableford competition was won in fine style by Sam Mulholland (12) with 42 points. Best in 'A' grade was David Spies (7) with 40, 'B' grade went to David McGinness and 'C' Grade to Bruce Windybank. Balls were won down to 33 points via count back.
Monday 22nd June. "Monday Madness". A very chilly day kept the field down to only 5 players. Alec Dietsch (11) scored 34 points to win from Peter Keys (31).
No correct entries during the week to the current competition, so here is the next clue.
"I know our club better than almost any other member", who am I?
Send your guess to email@example.com
(Note, the photo is a logo only)
A Little Humour
Now Go out and Enjoy a Game of Golf!!!!