- Course Update
- The Menu
- Coming Events
- Recent Results
- A Little Humour
- With all the mowing requirements at present the greens staff thought they should bring in some help. This little guy was up the back of the 9th tee.
- Finally some good news. From January 1st 2021, the Covid protocols on the course will revert to pre-covid status. This is contingent on there being no adverse change to the current situation. This means that the collars on the flagsticks will be removed, the ball washers and drinking fountains re-activated, the sunscreen stations re-opened, the rakes replaced in the bunkers and players will return to scoring their playing partner's card. Presentations will re-commence starting Saturday January 16th (so stay tuned for the return of the Rules Quiz!!).
- Please, please work harder to repair divots across the course. Try to get in the habit of looking at the fairway as you progress toward the green and when you see a divot, repair it please!!!
- The clubhouse will be closed on Christmas day and Boxing day only. The course will be closed on Christmas day only.
The Mediterranean theme continues this week, here is the email from Tim.
Week 37 Takeaway Menu
Good morning everyone,
This week, the pick-up day is Friday 11 December
2-course Meal ($25 for members, $30 for non-members)
Main: Spinach and Ricotta Cannelloni
Dessert: Apple and Berry Crumble with thickened cream
We are offering our entire wine list for takeaway at a 10% discount.
Please order by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or phoning 48611042 (option 4), with the number of meals and selections. Orders must be received by 5pm on Tuesday 8 December 2020.
Collection times will be staggered and I will advise of your time for pick up. Please collect from Bowral Golf Club, enter the clubhouse located at the corner of Kangaloon Rd and David St, Bowral.
Feel free to forward this to family, friends or anyone you think might be interested.
Keep well and I look forward to seeing you soon.
********** This is the 2nd last takeaway menu of the year. Next Sunday you will receive the final takeaway menu of the year. This will allow the kitchen team to concentrate on the many Christmas Turkey and Ham orders due to be delivered before Christmas. These Christmas orders have now closed. Thank you so much for your continuing support**********
- Saturday 12th December is the final trophy day for 2020. This is the 2nd round of the Peter Tait trophy and the Ted Box Trophy for Medal of Medals. To be eligible to win the Ted Box trophy, players must be both eligible to win a club trophy and have won a monthly medal during 2020. The following players are in the running for the medal of Medals for 2020: Ash Southon, Ian McKenzie, Les Brooker, David Bleakley, John Mulholland, Alan Turpie, Noel Davis, Daniel Weekes, James Burkitt, David Farthing, Peter Metcalf, Shane Harvey, Tony Fitzpatrick, John Jones, Peter Dunn, Langdon Emery, John McGuire, Jimmy Pinkstone, Norm Dodds, Chris Barry, Jonnie Walker, Stephen Heywood, Thomas Moulton and Jack McCathie.
- Wednesday 16th another 4 BBB team event only.
- Thursday 17th 'Christmas Drinks"!!!!!
- Next trophy event is the Sefton Cullen Anniversary Cup and January Monthly Medal on the 23rd January 2021.
Wednesday 2nd December. This was an Ambrose event which had been requested by a member many months ago, no limits. So, how low did you go??? 74 players joined the contest and the scoring was predictably low. Winning the event by 2/6ths of a stroke, were the team of Simon Taufel (12), Glen Welsh (9) and Bill Davison (26) with a nett score of 56 1/6 from a scratch score of 64. In second by the barest of margins were the 'Pro's'. Kevin Kenny (2), Darryl Purchase (0) and our newly arrived trainee Anthony Rath (+1) with a nett 56 1/2 from an amazing scratch score of 57!!! That's 10 birdies, 1 eagle and 7 pars. Balls were won down to a nett 61 via a count back.
Friday 4th December. The "Nugget". 21 players in the 9-hole field (16 men and 5 ladies). David Thurstans (34) posted 21 points to beat Robert James on a count back, while Sonya Bleakley (34) scored 19 points to claim 3rd place on a count back from Peter Pasfield (36). Balls were won down to 19 points via a count back.
Jack McCathie currently leads the field in the Peter Tait trophy with 19 players within 4 shots of the lead.
Sunday 6th December. The 2020 Christmas Cheer Medley. Whilst the weather was not particularly kind, the players enjoyed the opportunity to celebrate the event with a bbq after the round. 34 players took to the White course in a 4BBB format. With a score of 46 points, Robert Eriksson (19) and Tony Dick (29) won the day from Leonie Carroll (24) and Paul Carroll (16) with 38 points. Paul Carroll scored 38 points to claim the individual prize. Balls were won down to 40 points via a count back.
Now Go Out and Enjoy a Game of Golf !!!!