- Course Update
- The Menu
- Coming Events
- Recent Results
- A Little Humour
- After considerable rainfall and the subsequent course closure last week, the greens' staff are taking the opportunity to scarify the fairways. This task has not been carried out for some time, and in a few weeks players should notice a marked improvement in the quality of the fairways. In line with this process the preferred lies situation will remain in force until the excess grass clippings have been removed. I've included a couple of photos below to illustrate how our team is improving the playing surfaces with a comparison of how another, less well known course, is doing a similar thing.
- Bunkers will be back in play from tomorrow (Tuesday). A reminder that the Covid rules are still in force. For a full coverage of the Covid rules, see my previous blog.
- Due to the Covid restrictions, the sunburn cream dispensers are not in use. Sunburn cream with the club logo affixed is available from the pro shop for $11.95.
Here is Tim's email with the menu for the dinner this week. This is week #33.
Week 33 Takeaway Menu
Good morning everyone,
This week, the pick-up day is Friday 13 November
2 course Meal ($25 for members, $30 for non-members)
Main: Duck a l'Orange, Confit Duck with a delicious orange reduction, creamy mash, steamed greens
Dessert: Chocolate Tart
We are offering our entire wine list for takeaway at a 10% discount.
Please order by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or phoning 48611042 (option 4), with the number of meals and selections. Orders must be received by 5pm on Tuesday 10 November 2020.
Collection times will be staggered and I will advise of your time for pick up. Please collect from Bowral Golf Club, enter the clubhouse located at the corner of Kangaloon Rd and David St, Bowral.
Feel free to forward this to family, friends or anyone you think might be interested.
Keep well and I look forward to seeing you soon.
********** Christmas Ham and Turkey orders are now open. Please see my email from 6 November. Please let me know if you need another copy. Orders close on Friday 4 December 2020 **********
- Saturday 14th is the November Monthly Medal, held in conjunction with the Remembrance Day Trophy.
- Monday 16th November is the Titleist Fitting day. Make a booking at the pro shop if you wish to attend.
Saturday 21st November 2020
Legacy is the primary charity supported by the Bowral Golf Club. The annual Legacy golf day is one of the main events each year raising funds and the awareness of Legacy in the local community. Southern Highlands Legacy currently supports around 200 families (widows and children of deceased servicemen) with financial assistance as well as help with daily living and holidays at Legacy holiday homes and camps.
A short flag raising and remembrance ceremony will be held on the clubhouse terrace from 4.30pm.
Members and visitors are invited to participate in each of the day’s events.
A raffle with generous prizes is a major part of the fundraising effort.
Single and fourball competitions will be held in several categories including:
- Serving and former members of any of the Defence Forces;
- Ladies – members and visitors;
- Members of Bowral Golf Club and Visitors who do not have any personal defence service background;
- Ex-service persons aged 65 years and older;
A refreshment tent (Mash 2576) will serve complimentary food and drink refreshments on the course. Donations to Legacy will be gratefully received and raffle tickets will be available at the tent.
Cost of entry is $40 per player and is also open to 6 day members with an eligible golflink number. To book in for the day, please call the pro shop at Bowral Golf Club on 4861 1042 (Option 1) or online.Tee times are available between 7.00 am and 12.30 pm.
Please note that due to Covid -19 there will be no dinner held this year.
A copy of the Trophies is available on the main club notice board.
- The Finals of the Club Championships are due to be played on Sunday 22nd November. Tee times for the Open event are 08:32 and 13:12, 'B' grade 12:58 and 'C' grade 12:44. Anyone who wishes to follow the players around the course should ensure they are covid-compliant please.
The Callaway fitting day is on Monday 23rd. Make a booking at the pro shop if you wish to attend.
- Saturday 28th November is the St Andrews Day event. More details when they come to hand, however, I have been asked to advise players that they should start to organise their playing group early.
- Sunday 29th November is the final for the J W Draper knock out. The match will tee-off at 10:03.
Wednesday 4th November. The usual midweek Stableford competition attracted 78 players to the competition. Daniel Weekes (10) scored 38 points to claim the win. Best in 'A' grade was Jacob Nicholls (15) with 37 points via a count back. Best in 'B' grade was John Russell (22) with 35 points and best in 'C' grade was Rob Humphreys (27) with 35 points. Balls were won down to 33 points.
Monday 9th November. "Monday Madness". Just 3 players in the 9 hole competition. Eddie Jones (15) posted 23 points to win the event.
Club Championships. Following completion of the semi final round, the players for the final matches have been determined. In the Open Club Championship, the defending 2019 champion John Mullholland will face off against Chris Boggs. In the 'B' grade Club Championship the 2019 defending champion, Tony Rourke will face Phillip Joshua and in the 'C' grade Club Championship Dennis Neale will play Don Barker. See the details in the 'Coming Events' section for full match times and dates.
"How are you getting on with your new clubs?" asked the golfer when he walked into the bar and saw a friend of his. "Fine," replied the friend. "They add 20 metres to my slice!."
Now Go Out and Enjoy a Game of Golf !!!