- Course Update
- The Menu
- Coming Events
- Recent Results
- A Little Humour
- All the fairways and tee boxes have now been scarified and a fertiliser applied. Mowing is underway to 'stripe' the fairways to improve the visual impact. The staff will be attending to some heavy mowing requirements over the next 5 months, but will commence trimming the hedges over the next two weeks then make a start on the next path installation. The path from the 7th green to the 8th tee and fairway will be a large job, but will greatly assist the access to this area of the course.
- The next time you log into your club account to book a game, take a look at the 'Member Register' tab. Secured by the member login password are some extensive member details. Players can now access contact phone and email details as well as membership category. So the next time you wish to book into a team event for a trophy, you can now determine if your playing partner is eligible to win the event with you.
- Thank you to Chris Barry for sending in this photo of the river which developed across the 15th fairway as a result of the heavy storms which hit the Highlands last Friday.
How good was that Duck a L'Orange !!!! Here is the menu for the coming week.
Week 34 Takeaway Menu
Good morning everyone,
This week, the pick-up day is Friday 20 November
2 course Meal ($25 for members, $30 for non-members)
Main: Our classic hearty lasagna served with a green salad
We are offering our entire wine list for takeaway at a 10% discount.
Please order by emailing email@example.com or phoning 48611042 (option 4), with the number of meals and selections. Orders must be received by 5pm on Tuesday 17 November 2020.
Collection times will be staggered and I will advise of your time for pick up. Please collect from Bowral Golf Club, enter the clubhouse located at the corner of Kangaloon Rd and David St, Bowral.
Feel free to forward this to family, friends or anyone you think might be interested.
Keep well and I look forward to seeing you soon.
********** Christmas Ham and Turkey orders are now open. Please see my email from 6 November. Please let me know if you need another copy. Orders close on Friday 4 December 2020 **********
- This coming Wednesday is another of our 4BBB events which, due to popular response, is not accompanied by a single Stableford in conjunction.
- Saturday 21st is the Legacy Day event. This is the major charity day for BGC and a strong turnout is requested. Legacy do an amazing job with very limited resources, and this year the Covid situation has had a severe impact on the organisation's ability to raise funds. Get out there and show your support. There are lots of competitions (check out the notice board) and a great deal of fun is to be had. There will be a ceremonial Flag Lowering at the club flagpole at 5pm.
- Sunday 22nd is the final of the Club Championships for the men. The Open event is played over 36 holes and will feature defending champion from 2019, John Mulholland playing Chris Boggs. The first 18 holes will tee off at 08:32. The 'C' Grade final will be contested between Dennis Neale and Don Barker and will tee off at 12:44. The 'B' Grade final will see the 2019 defending champion, Tony Rourke, play off against Philip Joshua at 12:58 followed by the final 18 holes in the Open final at 1:12pm. Good luck to everyone. Remember, if you wish to follow the groups and support the players, please observe correct Covid separation.
Monday 23rd is the Callaway Fitting day. Make your booking through the Pro shop. There may still be a couple of slots available.
- Next Wednesday we are holding an American Foursomes competition. Make sure to book in as a 4 please.
- Saturday 28th November is the annual St Andrew's day 4 Ball competition. This event has been in the calendar for two decades and the sponsors of the event would really appreciate some enthusiasm from the players. Please see the following notice.
The Annual St Andrew’s Day competition will be held on 28th November as a 4 ball aggregate stableford. The donated prizes will be awarded as a bottle of Scotch each for the winning team, and also a bottle for the best individual score. The competition is for members only, but a maximum of two guests may be invited, and at least one member of the winning team must come in to collect the prize on behalf of the team, so if you have a good score, please contact the club later in the afternoon, or leave contact details so you can be reached in order to come in. There will not be a formal presentation, but the prizes can be collected on the day.
The event has been held for 20 years or so, and is now part of a campaign initiated by Nicola Sturgeon (alias Wee Kranky) to dispel the rumor that the Scots have long pockets and/or small sporrans. We (Ian McKenzie, Alan Turpie, Alan Lindsay, Ken Dobie, and Bob Young) await a similar response from the English for St George’s Day, the Irish for St Patrick’s Day, the Welsh for St David’s Day, the Kiwis for Waitangi Day, and, of course, the Australians for Australia Day.
There seems to have been a challenge issued here, is there a group who would like to rise to the occasion in the coming year???
Wednesday 11th November. A beautiful highlands Spring day. A good field of 81 players contested a Single Stableford event. Dick Hiser (13) posted 42 points to win the event. Best in 'A' grade was Jonnie Walker (14) with 40 points, 'B' grade was Eddie Jones (23) with 37 points on a count back and 'C' grade Peter Chen (39) with 36 points. We welcomed a visitor from Magenta Shores and balls were won down to 34 points via count back.
Friday 13th November. The "Nugget". 19 players entered the competition on a 'Black' Friday. The storms which eventuated late in the afternoon definitely gave credence to the 'Black' aspect. However, the competition was not affected and Robert James (23) managed a strong 22 points to beat Stephen Heywood (34), Vince O'Connor (25) and David Thurstans (33), all of whom posted a score of 21 points. Balls were won down to 18 points via count back.
Saturday 14th November. The Remembrance Day Shield. The course was a little damp after the heavy downpour of the previous evening, however this did not dampen the enthusiasm or the quality of the golf on the day. With a nett score of 66 (on a count back), Stephen Heywood claimed the Shield for 2020 with Jonnie Walker in 2nd..
Saturday 14th November. The November Monthly Medal. (Played in conjunction with the Remembrance day Shield). 100 players in the field for the second last month in which to secure eligibility for the Ted Box Trophy in December. The 'A' grade medal went to Jonnie Walker (13) with a fine nett 66 on a count back with Justin Smith (11). The 'B' grade medal went to James O'Reilly (20) also with nett 66 from Peter Cottee (19) with nett 67. The 'C' grade medal went to Stephen Heywood (33) with his nett 66 from Vince O'Connor (24) with nett 67. Visitors were welcomed from Moss Vale and Eastlake, and balls were won down to nett 71 via a count back. In the wrap-up, 16 players were found to have played to, or beaten their handicap on the day. Just a reminder that the Medals and tumblers are available for collection from the bar.
A Little Humour
A cartoon from a contributor.
Now Go Out and Enjoy a Game of Golf!!!!