- Course Update
- Coming Events
- Recent results
- A Little Humour
- As I write this blog, another heavy rainstorm has begun. This has been the pattern for many weeks now, and is likely to continue through until the end of Summer. The heavy storms have taken an enormous toll on all the bunkers across the course. They are at a stage where simply re-filling them with sand will not suffice and a re-furbishment program has been set in place. Members will receive an email shortly advising of two working bees which have been scheduled over the coming weeks. Monday 11th and Tuesday 12th. Meet at the clubhouse terrace at 11:30 for job assignments. Refreshments will be provided following each working bee. It's likely that several more working bees will be required to complete the program. As a bunker is refurbished, it will be brought back into play. So, until that time, bunkers will continue to be GUR (not compulsory).
- All members will be aware that the Covid protocols, which were scheduled for removal on 1st January, were kept in place due to the developing outbreak in Sydney and surrounding districts. We will continue to monitor the situation with a view towards removing the protocols as soon at it is deemed safe practice to do so. We are also looking at alternative techniques to achieve the required health safety protocols, and these will be trialled at the upcoming Medley event scheduled for Australia Day. More details soon.
- Keep an eye out for the sign up sheet for the Arthur Brassey knockout. The sheet will be available in the pro shop next week. The Conditions of Competition for the event are located on side of the Captain's Blog page on the club website.
- The January Monthly Medal is scheduled for the 23rd in conjunction with the Sefton Cullen Anniversary Cup.
- The Australia Day Medley is scheduled for the 26th in conjunction with the annual Captain V Captain event. See the notice board for more details, should be a great day.
- The White Horse Cup gets underway on Sunday 31st January with Bowral GC hosting teams from The Grange, Sussex Inlet, Moss Vale, Gerringong, Shoalhaven Heads, Kiama and the Highlands golf clubs. Our teams will face off against The Grange and Moss Vale in the first round.
Put your feet up, there's quite a few to cover!!
Wednesday 16th December. 31 players in the event, with Peter Cottee (18) scoring 37 points to win from Paul Pettiford (13) with 36 points via a count back. Balls were won down to 33 points via count back.
Friday 18th December. The "Nugget". 12 players in this event (10 men and 2 women). 1st Nick Reinhard (10) with 21 points, 2nd Kevin Burke (30) with 19 on a count back from 3rd Scott Olding (13) with 4th Craig Houden (18) on 18 points via a count back. Balls were won down to 16 points via count back.
Monday 21st December. Monday Madness. Just 2 players in the event which was won by Ash Southon (14) with 17 points.
Wednesday 23rd December. One of the largest fields for a Wednesday for the year with 88 players turning out. Scott Olding (12) scored a fine 43 points to win the daily event with Rory Blatch (14) scoring 42 points to claim the best 'A' grade result. Best in 'B' grade was Tom Whitmarsh (20) with 41 points and in 'C' grade Mitchell Wellman (28) posted 38 points. Balls were won down to 33 points via a count back.
Saturday 26th December. 42 players ventured out onto the course to test out their Christmas presents. Craig Houden (17) scored 38 points to beat Justin Smith (9) on a count back. Balls were won down to 32 points via count back.
Sunday 27th December. 20 players in the event. Ray Furner (25) posted 40 points to win the competition from James Rowe (11) who scored 38 points. Balls won down to 35 points via count back.
Monday 28th December. Monday Madness. Ash Southon (13) seems to have taken a liking to this event. He encouraged only one other player to join the field and posted 21 points to win.
Wednesday 30th December. The final event on the general calendar for 2020. 90 players turned out to make this the largest Wednesday field for the year. Paul Jansz (18) posted 40 points to win the daily event with visitor Scott Nolan (0) posting 37 points to claim the best 'A' grade score. The best result in 'B' grade was posted by Eddie Jones (23) with 36 points on a count back and in 'C' grade William Capel (24) posted 40 points. Balls were won down to 33 points via a count back.
Friday 1st January 2021. The "Nugget". The first competition for the New Year enticed 13 players to the course (9 men and 4 women). Dennis Neale (22) posted 24 points to claim first place from Meeghan Bourne (38) with 20 points, Ellen Neale (19) with 19 points and Vince O'connor (25) with 18 points. Balls were won down to 18 points via count back.
Sunday 3rd January. Rory Blatch (12) scored 39 points to win the event from 8 other players, with Justin Smith (8) claiming 2nd with 36 points.
Monday 4th January. Monday Madness. Just 2 players in the field. Angus Yuill (24) scored 18 points to claim the prize.
A Little Humour
Now Go out and Enjoy a game of Golf !!!