- Course Update
- The Menu
- Coming Events
- Recent Results
- A Little Humour
- Today was day #1 of the bunker Refurbishment program. With 17 volunteers, the secretary/manager and 4 greens staff, a good team was available. At the end of the day 2 bunkers are ready to return to play and the others are ready to receive sand. The guys worked their butts off and a beer was a very welcome finish to the day.
- Members might have noticed a new tab on the right hand side of the Captain's Blog page on the club website. This tab will show a table of current trophy holders (men only at this stage), and includes winners from 2019 as well. As a trophy is completed the winner's name will be added.
Please see the below email from Tim which was sent to all members recently.
Good evening everyone,
This is the news that you have all been waiting to hear! We are excited to announce that our very popular First Friday Dinners will be returning on Friday 5 February 2021!
To full comply with current COVID-19 requirements, the following should be noted.
1. Maximum capacity for each dinner is 70 guests
2. 2 tables of 10 guests will be available in the Oxley Room - opposite the bar
3. 50 guests will be permitted in the Hordern Room with a maximum table size of 8 guests
4. Similar to previous years, there will be a buffet table, however staff will fully serve each guest.
THERE IS MORE!
Due to the reduced capacity there will also be a Third Friday Dinner on Friday 19 February 2021, with the same seating and service arrangements.
Back by popular demand, our Friday takeaway dinners will return on Friday 26 February 2021
Now the details:
For our First Friday Dinner, the menu is Legs of Roast Lamb, carved at the buffet table and served with Roasted Lemon Potatoes, garlic paste and salads, followed by a dessert of Honey Cardamom Panna Cotta with Rose Petals and Pistachios.
For our Third Friday Dinner, the menu is the very popular Coq au Vin with creamy Mash and Steamed Greens, followed by a dessert of Orange Jaffa cake.
Cost per person is $37.50 and bookings are open now.
Bookings may be made by email firstname.lastname@example.org, phoning the bar on 48611042 (Option 2) or in person at the bar. Bookings will be taken on a first in basis. Voice messages can be left on the bar phone and the time stamp used to prioritise bookings. These are the only available booking methods. As you would be aware in previous years, these dinners were often booked out months in advance, so please get in quickly only by email or phone. Your booking will be confirmed as soon as possible.
The menu for the takeaway meals will be released at the start of the last week in February and orders will open then.
We hope to continue in subsequent months, so we will monitor and assess during February and advise at the earliest opportunity.
Looking forward to seeing you soon. Let the fun begin!
- The sign up sheet for the Arthur Brassey Knockout competition will be available at the pro shop from Wednesday.
- The January Monthly Medal, in conjunction with the Sefton Cullen Anniversary Cup is scheduled for play on the 23rd of January.
- The Australia Day Medley competition is slated for January 26th (how ironic!!). This event will also feature the annual Captain V Captain event. There will be a trial of Covid-safe techniques for use with the NTP and long drive markers. Please use the attached hand sanitiser before annotating the marker. Dress up and enjoy the day, and play well for your Captain please!!!
- On January 31st BCG will host the first round of the White Horse Cup. We are fielding two teams again this year, and the guys are itching to bring home the silverware this year.
Wednesday 6th January. 75 players in the field. The overall winner was John Hopkins (20) with a score of 40 points. Best in 'A' grade was Paul Pettiford (13) with 40 points, in 'B' grade was John Jones (16) with 38 points and in "C" grade Shane Harvey (30) with 32 points. Balls were won down to 32 points via count back.
Sunday 10th January. 28 players turned out for the White course comp. Mitchell Wellman (27) posted 38 points to win on a count back from Jarred Orr (14). Visitors in the field from Strathfield, Goulburn and Anthill Park Golf clubs.
Monday 11th January. "Monday Madness". Ash Southon (14) invited only one friend to contest the 9 hole competition again, and duly took the win with 21 points. He seriously needs some competition folks!!
A Little Humour.
Now Go Out and Enjoy a Game of Golf !!!