- Successful Open Day
- The Clayton clan hold on for the narrowest of wins
- Arthur Brassey Finalists
- Friday 12 hole competition starts soon
- Coming soon.
Last Wednesday saw 78 players contest a 4BBB stableford competition. The course was magnificent again and everyone complimentary of the conditions. The youthful pairing of Robert Eriksson and Nick Reinhard came to the fore and won the day with a combined score of 46 points. Hard on their heels, Dennis Cooper and Chris Harvey survived a count back to claim the runners-up award.
Not to be outdone on the day, Langdon Emery cleaned up on the pro-pin 14th and walked away with the jackpot amount from the previous week as well.
We welcomed several visitors from Jamberoo and Caboolture, and all were impressed with the day.
The Clayton clan of Ray, Will and Nick Penhall held off a tight challenge from the Mulholland mob of John, Alex and Sam to win by the barest of margins. Only 1/6 of a stroke separated the groups at the end with scores of 57 1/6, to 57 1/3. Even an amazing 61 gross by the Mulholland team wasn't enough on the day. Great competition everyone.
The shorter tee positions on the 4th and 18th were well received, and it was interesting to see the number of tee shots that ended up in the creek on the final hole.
The final pairing for the Arthur Brassey was determined on saturday when Alec Dietsch defeated Nick Reinhard on the 20th hole. Alec has accounted for Dave Burgess, John Buchanan, and Peter Metcalf on his way to the final where he will meet John McGuire. John defeated Phil Jeffery, Brian Hanrahan, Tony Rourke and Co Buisman in his journey to the final.
The match will be played next Sunday 28th, with a tee time of 12:30. Why not come along and give the finalists some encouragement on the day.
Friday 26th April sees the opening of the winter version of the afternoon 12 hole competition. Grant Blanchard and Ashley Southon will administer the competition again. A $20 competition fee will cover entry for the entire 22 week event, and a daily $5 fee will cover the round and a ball rundown. Tee off is from 1pm.
- Bruce Smith Cup. This event is just around the corner and I still need more players to sign up. The event will be played at Moss Vale golf club on May 5th commencing at 10:50. The format is a team event with each match played in pairs with an aggregate stableford score determining the winner. We won last year by quite a margin, and I'd like to be able to repeat the dose if possible, so please sign up by 26th April.
- Mixed Foursomes Club Championships, and the Mixed handicap competition (Wotton trophy). These two events are played simultaneously over two rounds. Round 1 on 19th and round 2 on 26th May. There will be a daily event in conjunction, so a competition fee is payable on both days. Note that the ladies will tee off the first hole on round 1, with the men teeing off on round 2. If there are any players who do not have a partner, there will be a signup sheet in the pro-shop to allow singles to pair-up.
- J W Draper. A match play handicap Foursomes knockout event. The sign-up sheet will be at the pro-shop from Wednesday this week. See the calendar for scheduled completion dates.
- Patrons Trophy. This event is also the qualifying round for the Club Foursomes Championship, best 8 teams to qualify. The qualifying round is off scratch, while the Patrons trophy is a handicap event. Note that the only competition on the day is foursomes. Get your teams organised.
"The man who takes up golf to get his mind off work soon takes up work to get his mind off golf......"
Thats all from me this week, now go and enjoy your golf.