- Coronavirus Update
- Course Satus
- This Week's Menu
- Coming Events
- Recent Results
- "Who Am I ?" Competition
- A little Humour
Things have stabilised over the past week thankfully. However, it is not a time to relax the restrictions. Just some reminders of the Protocols which are in force at the course.
- There is a maximum occupancy of 3 persons on the practice green. The minimum personal separation of 1.5m still applies.
- Zones are set up behind the 1st tee to restrict the number of players congregating before teeing-off. Maximum of 2 persons in each zone. Also avoid arriving too early for your tee time. 20 - 30 minutes is an adequate time to have a couple of practice putts and chips before moving to the 1st tee area.
- Maximum of 1 person in the pro shop at any time (in addition to the Staff member).
- Use Tap-and-Go cards or your member number for payments please.
- Visitors are not permitted on the course, however a member may invite a guest player to be their playing partner, it is the member's responsibility to ensure that their guest complies with all the COVID-19 protocols.
- Where possible all players on the course should book a time slot to allow the pro shop staff to manage the number of players.
As advised in my previous blog, there will be some course works getting underway shortly. The work to extend the 4th fairway will require the use of a temporary Tee, and this will be established in the tree-line in the vicinity of the small crater-dam with a distance of approximately 110m to the green.
Work will also commence to repair the defect beside the 3rd green where a depression is trapping water. This area is currently GUR.
As advised in my last Blog, a new Local Rule has been introduced to assist players with issues caused by tree roots. Go and read the previous Blog for full details.
The areas within the General Area which are 'Closely mown' and which have suffered from 'Die-off' due to excessive water are to be treated as GUR.
The following is the menu for the meals on offer for this week. Please email Tim with your order early to avoid missing out.
Good morning everyone,
I trust that you are all remaining safe and well. Thank you so much for all who have supported our takeaway meals for the last 2 weeks. The response has been fantastic.
This week the pick-up days are Friday and Saturday.
Our menu for this week is:
Option 1 - 2 course ($25 per person)
Spinach and Ricotta Cannelloni with salad
Beef Lasagna with salad
Vanilla Panna Cotta with berries
Option 2 ($10 per person)
We are also offering our entire wine list for takeaway at a 10% discount.
Payment to be made at the time of collection, only by EFTPOS (tap only) or BGC Member number. Cash payments cannot be accepted.
Please order by email to email@example.com or phoning 4861 1042 (option 4), with the number of meals and options required. Orders must be in by 5pm on Tuesday 14th April.
When ordering please nominate a collection day of either Friday or Saturday. Collection times will be staggered and I will advise of your time for pick up.
I look forward to seeing you all soon.
Very kind regards
Assistant Manager / Events Manager
Bowral Golf Club
- A new competition will commence on Friday 17th! The new competition will be known as "The Nugget" (a little bit of gold!) and will be played on the Yellow Course. This 9-hole event will be available for booking as per our other competitions. It is a Single Stableford format, and non gender-specific (ie, Women and Men in the same comp). Entry fee will be $15 per player, with a 1st prize of $45, 2nd prize of $30 and a ball rundown similar to the other daily events. This course is fully rated and scores will be forwarded to Golflink for inclusion in your handicap calculations. Players playing "The Nugget" will be permitted to blend on a pair-for-pair basis when transiting the 12th and 17th tees. Note that this new competition will replace the old '12-hole' competition. Ash Southon will be in contact with players re the integration of the old and new competitions. Good luck, it's a good combination of holes and I'm sure "The Nugget" will become a popular feature of our playing calendar.
- Sunday 19th, The final of the Arthur Brassey Competition. Jim Larkin takes on John Mulholland for the trophy. Unfortunately, due to the COVID-19 restrictions, spectators are not permitted.
- The following events have been postponed until further notice. The John Owens Trophy and the Armstrong Trophy. There is a strong probability that the Foursomes Events scheduled for play in May will also be postponed.
- A Single Stableford competition has been set up for ANZAC Day, on Saturday 25th April. The usual ANZAC Day remembrance ceremonies have been cancelled due to the Coronavirus situation.
- The Winter Eclectic Competition is underway, the sign-up sheet is located at the pro shop.
Wednesday 8th April. Nigel Menogue (23) showed the field the way with a score of 40 points to win by a stroke from Jim Rowe (14). A good field of 67 braved the rain to enjoy a good day on the Course.
Saturday 11th, and another good sized field of 87 braved the gale-force winds in another Single Stableford event. Tom Mooney (30) posted a very impressive score of 44 points to win the day by 7 points from Daniel Weekes. Tom was the guest of Linden Toll (board member) and actually signed his membership application following the round.
Sunday 12th, and thankfully the wind dropped a little to welcome the field of 18 to the competition. This week the ladies cleaned up, with Julie Hayden (19) scoring 37 points to hold out Julie Jeffery (20) with 35 points on a count back.
A good field of 58 players took to the field for this year's event on a beautiful Easter Monday. When all the cards were returned, the team of Helen Chadwick (29) and Nick Reinhard (12) finished as the top 'Bunnies' with a score of 75 points. In second was the family affair of Sharon Rowe (37) and Jim Rowe (13) with 72 points. Nick Reinhard won the best individual player with a score of 40 points. Congratulations everyone, and a big thank you to Chris Hill and Robert Eriksson for organising the event.
The final tally has been made and the winner for Summer 2020 in the Gross Score category, in a count back, was Ash Southon with 55.0 from Alec Dietsch. Ash also won the Nett category with 47.5 from Paul Barnes on 49.0. Congratulations to everyone, the Winter edition is now underway, and the sign-up sheet is available in the pro shop.
No successful responses over the past week, so the competition continues.
"I competed in the Easter Medley today (Monday)", who am I?
email your response to firstname.lastname@example.org
(Note, the photo is a logo only.)
Now Go Out and Enjoy a Game of Golf !!!