- Course Update
- The Menu
- Coming Events
- Recent Results
- The Brain Teaser
- A Little Humour
- Wet, Wet, Wet.... the rain continues. Over 140mm received during the past few days adding to the heavy accumulations already received. The soil is saturated, so all this new precipitation is sitting on top. The course has been closed for play until Friday evening at this point. There are more rain/showers forecast for the coming weekend, so I anticipate it will be next week before we get back out on the course.
- The new path from the 16th/3rd tees to the 3rd and 16th fairways was completed just before the latest big wet. The intention now is to have all players move to the rear of the 16th tee after playing the 15th hole. From there, players should use the path to access the fairway. This should reduce the potential danger of being hit by a ball intended for the 15th green.
- A gentle reminder, when the course again becomes available for play, please use care when using a cart, as there are many areas of the course which are waterlogged and getting bogged is a reality. If in doubt, park the cart and walk the extra distance to the ball.
Week 20!!!! Wow, how time flies. Here is Tim's email for this week.
Week 20 Takeaway MenuGood morning everyone,
This week, the pick-up day is Friday
2 course Meal ($25 per person)
Main: Persian Lamb Tagine with Coucous, grated Lemon, Mint and Almonds
Dessert: Classic Citrus Tart
Soup ($10 per person): Hearty Lentil
We are still offering our entire wine list for takeaway at a 10% discount. Click here to open our current wine list.
Contactless payment by EFTPOS or Member Account remains the preferred payment method.
Please order by emailing email@example.com or phoning 4861 1042 (option 4), with the number of meals and selections. Orders must be received by 5pm on Tuesday 11 August 2020.
Collection times will be staggered from 4pm and I will advise of your time for pick up. Please collect from Bowral Golf Club, enter the clubhouse located at the corner of Kangaloon Rd and David St, Bowral.
Feel free to forward this to family, friends or anyone you think might be interested.
Keep well and I look forward to seeing you soon.
Due to the closure of the course and the likelihood of not being able to play this coming weekend, the following competitions/events have been moved.
- The Titleist fitting day, which was scheduled for 11th August, has been cancelled. A new date will be advised when available.
- The August monthly medal and the John McMaster medal will now be played on Saturday 22nd August.
- The semi-final of the John Owens Knockout will be played on Sunday 23rd August.
- The Final of the John Owens Knockout will now be played on Sunday the 6th September.
- The W H Friend Trophy (PAR event) will now be played on Saturday 29th August.
Only the one Men's competition for the past week.
Wednesday 5th August. A very cold and blustery day. 71 players toughed out the conditions with Eugene O'Sullivan (25) posting the best score with 38 points on a count back. Best in-grade prizes went to "A" Langdon Emery (15) 34 points, "B" Piero Dal Bianco (19) 38 points and "C" to Rob Humphreys (28) with 37 points. Balls were won down to 30 points via count back.
Congratulations to John Jones for being the 3rd correct responder in last week's teaser. He correctly identified Lee Janzen, Steve Jones, Corey Pavin, Tom Kite and Payne Stewart as the coded players.
A new teaser for this week appears below. The winner will be the 4th correct responder (this one is pretty easy). So send your answer to firstname.lastname@example.org
(Who could resist)
Now, wait for the course to dry out, then Go Out and Enjoy a Game of Golf!!!