- Our Country Burns
- Coming Events
- Recent Results
- The Rules Quiz
- "Who Am I?" Competition
- A Little Humour
The thoughts, prayers and best wishes of every member of the BGC are extended to all those affected by the fires which have impacted our country, as well as our admiration and great appreciation to those selfless members of the emergency services and the general public who have given their utmost to protect and defend lives and property. Their efforts are truly inspirational and the very definition of what it means to be an Aussie. The job is not yet complete and we (The BGC) would like to assist them in their endeavours.
(Please support the fund raising Charity day on Sunday 16th February. See below for details)
- RFS Charity Golf Day. Sunday 16th February. $45 per head, single Stableford event. All proceeds of the golf are donated to the NSW Rural Fire Service, Wingecarribee Fire Control Centre. Tee times from 9am - 1pm. More details as they come to hand. If anyone wishes to donate items for use as prizes it would be most appreciated, please contact Kevin Kenny with your details.
- Arthur Brassey time is upon us again. The signup sheet and Conditions of Competition are available in the pro shop.
- The first of the Monthly medals will be held on Saturday 18th January.
- Australia Day medley, keep your calendar free for a fun event. More details when they come to hand.
- WHS introduction/implementation. The Golflink computer will be closed to submissions from clubs from the 27th - 30th January inclusive. This is to allow all the uploading of data for the new World Handicap System to be completed. Posters detailing the new system have been placed on the various noticeboards around the club. I will publish a guide to the new handicap system in next week's blog.
Saturday 28th December. 55 players in the field, with visitors from Gibraltar and Mt Broughton. Paul Barnes (18) won with 38 points on a count back from Les Brooker (19). The Eagle's nest was not won, the NTP 11th went to Dennis Neale and Paul Barnes also won the pro pin.
Saturday 4th January. A seriously hot day for golf, with all bar 2 players choosing to play in the morning. Terry Wood (20) cleaned up the field with a fine 41 points from Dennis Neale (21) with 39 points on a count back. The Eagle's nest was again not won, and due to the score paper missing from the marker, the NTP on the 11th, was not able to be presented. The pro pin was won by Chris Harvey. 34 brave players in the field.
Please watch out for this little guy, he has been hanging around the clubhouse lately.
Also, the 6th green mounding has established well enough to allow access to the work area, however the area is still 'Compulsory GUR'. Use normal drop procedures as per a No Play Zone Rule 2.4.
It's been quite a while since the last quiz question was answered at the Saturday presentation, so here it is again.
In stroke play, a player swings at and misses a wrong ball. What is the ruling?
- The player gets a 2 stroke penalty and the stroke at the missed ball is counted.
- There is no penalty.
- The player gets a 2 stroke penalty and the stroke at the wrong ball is disregarded.
- Loss of hole.
The previous competition was won by Alec Dietsch, who correctly named Maggie McKenzie as the mystery member. This week a new member's identity to guess. Remember to email your guess to me at firstname.lastname@example.org
"I look at the game from a different perspective to the majority of players".
(Note, the photo is a logo only)
James was playing a round of golf with the club pro one day and after 18 holes they went into the clubhouse.
James asked the pro:"What do you think of my game?"
The pro replied: "You should shorten your clubs by two and a half centimetres."
James asked if the pro thought this would help his game.
To which the pro said, "No but it will help them fit into the rubbish bin!"
Now Go Out and Enjoy a Game of Golf !!