- Course Update
- A Member Honoured
- Time for you to Vote
- The Menu
- Coming Events
- Recent Results
- The Brain Teaser
- A Little Humour
- Yep, folks the course is wet. In fact the soil is fully saturated and thus any rain we get sits on top or runs into the drains. As most players are aware, there is not a great deal of 'Fall' across the course, so water tends to just sit in place. The next week has significant wind forecasts, so this will assist in drying things out. At this point in time, golf on Wednesday will be possible (???), however, please check the Course Status on the home page of the club website before heading to the course. Currently the practice green, the hitting nets and the old croquet court are open (for practice only). The adjacent photograph was taken on Monday afternoon.
August 15th 1945 is a day remembered as the end of the Second World War in the Pacific. 75 years on from that date, living members of the Australian military from that era have been presented with a Commemorative Medallion and Certificate of Commemoration. The Department of Veterans' Affairs produced the medallion and certificate to acknowledge the significance of the 75th anniversary of the end of the war in our region and as a small, but meaningful "Thank you", to the living veterans of this conflict. One of our members, Phillip (Pip) Smith was presented his medallion by Member for Whitlam Stephen Jones. Pip is seen in the accompanying photograph with fellow member (and former armed serviceman) Fred Sewell and the President of the Bowral RSL (sub-branch) John Cummins.
The following email has been sent to all members. It outlines the reasons and process to follow to register a vote in a survey being conducted by the Board of BGC. There is only one vote per addressed email please!! Note: the survey will arrive as a second email to each addressee. Please only use the survey link to register your YES/NO opinion.
Good morning Members,
Earlier this year the Board announced their intention to conduct a meeting with the membership to present/discuss a development proposal which had been presented to the Board by the Oakstand/Berkelouw group. Although the Coronavirus situation prevented this meeting from going ahead, the proposal still exists and the Board is still seeking approval from the membership to continue its evaluation.
Due to the restrictions on the number of patrons we can host at the Club for a meeting, we are undertaking an online vote for all members.
The purpose of this vote is only to seek your approval to continue to negotiate with the Oakstand/Berkelouw group. Therefore:
Do you approve of the Board continuing to evaluate the proposal from Oakstand/Berkelouw.
Note: A “YES” vote does not commit BGC to any development proposal, only to continue its evaluation. If, following a full evaluation, the Board considers that any future proposals warrant action it will present the proposal to the membership for further discussion.
The survey will be sent out shortly and the final day to submit your answer is Monday 24th of August at 5 pm. Following compilation of the responses to this survey, the board will advise the membership of the result.
No further actions have been taken by the Board which affect the integrity of Bowral Golf Club. All communications on this matter will come directly from the office only to avoid any unsubstantiated rumours.
On behalf of the Board,
The Persian Lamb Tagine from last week was a triumph. Delicious!! Here is the menu for this week in Tim's email.
Good morning everyone,
This week, the pick-up day is Friday
2 course Meal ($25 per person)
Main: Creamy Calvados Chicken with Baby Chats and Steamed Greens
Dessert: Almond and Coconut Cake with Thickened Cream
Soup ($10 per serving): Carrot and Cumin
We are still offering our entire wine list for takeaway at a 10% discount. Click here to open our current wine list.
Contactless payment by EFTPOS or Member Account remains the preferred payment method.
Please order by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or phoning 4861 1042 (option 4), with the number of meals and selections. Orders must be received by 5pm on Tuesday 18 August 2020.
Collection times will be staggered from 4pm and I will advise of your time for pick up. Please collect from Bowral Golf Club, enter the clubhouse located at the corner of Kangaloon Rd and David St, Bowral.
Feel free to forward this to family, friends or anyone you think might be interested.
Keep well and I look forward to seeing you soon.
- The Titleist fitting day has been resheduled to Tuesday 15th September. Please contact the pro shop to book a time. If you booked previously, you will need to reconfirm your booking.
- The Bruce Smith Cup (mens competition against Moss Vale) and the Oxley Plate (mixed competition against Moss Vale) have been cancelled for this year.
- Weather and course status permitting, the August monthly medal (in conjunction with the J McMaster medal) are to be played this coming Saturday, 23rd.
- As above, the semi final of the John Owens knockout competition will be played this coming Sunday 24th.
- The final of the John Owens will be on Sunday 6th September.
- The W H Friend Trophy (PAR) will be played on Saturday 29th August.
Due to the weather the course has been closed for the entire week and no competitions were played since my last blog. Check the club home page for an updated 'Course status'.
Unfortunately only one response was received to this competition last week (thanks Robert, you can attempt again this week), so the same teaser continues for this week. Go back to my last blog for the details. I'm looking for the 4th correct response sent to email@example.com
When the course dries out,
Go Out and Enjoy a Game of Golf!!!