- Course Update
- The Menu
- Coming Events
- Recent Results
- "Who Am I ?" Competition
- A Little Humour
- The course is playing very soft underfoot following the over 100mm of rain received last week. Thankfully we are looking at some dryer weather over the next week, so conditions should improve. Please assist the greenskeepers by staying clear of wet or muddy areas with your carts.
- A recent incident during a round of the "Nugget" competition has drawn me to highlight that the rules of golf, that pertain to a Stroke round, do not permit practice on the course during your competition round. Practice includes playing extra holes during a stipulated round. If you have entered the "Nugget" competition and wish to play a few extra holes, you may do so only after completing your "Nugget" round. Playing extra holes during your round will result in disqualification. Rule 5.2b refers.
- Those with keen eyes will have noticed the new 'Plates' fitted to each tee. All courses/tees are now fully covered.
- The 4th fairway extension continues to green up. Expect to move from the temporary tee to the Red course tee box shortly.
- Last week an email was sent to all members to advise the re-opening of the clubhouse. As of today (Monday 01 June) the clubhouse is open from 10:30 Monday to Saturday and 11:30 on Sunday. Closing times vary from 4pm Monday/Tuesday/Sunday to 6:30pm from Wednesday through to Saturday. Please note, there are a large number of CoVid protocols which have been put in place in order for the clubhouse to be permitted to open. These are requirements put in place via ClubsNSW in response to the State Government regulations.
- Please take the time to read the notices as you enter the clubhouse. The staff are required to record your details (name, address and contact numbers) upon entry, before they direct you to a table. To ensure your protection, greatly enhanced hygiene procedures are being implemented. Tables must be sanitised before being occupied, and for this reason patrons are requested not to seat themselves, but rather to wait to be seated. Please be patient, things will take longer than what you are used to in the past. Reflect on the fact that we are progressing really well thus far, and that we are again able to enjoy the camaraderie of our fellow members. It is strongly recommended that patrons book ahead to ensure entry, as there are strict limits on the number of patrons who can be accommodated in the clubhouse at any one time. It is a requirement on entry to the club that patrons maintain correct physical distancing at all times.
Regina and her team are firing on all cylinders and producing some excellent fare, to which so many of the members can attest. This week's menu email is reproduced below:
We are so excited that from Monday, the clubhouse re-opens. Looking forward to seeing some familiar faces!
This is week 10 of our takeaways and they have been so well received that we are continuing! How could we not!
Here is an impressive statistic. So far Regina and her team have prepared 1855 main courses, desserts or soups. That is an average of 206 per week for the past 9 weeks! I am sure you will join with me in thanking Regina, Sally, Deb, Britney and Alexia.
Thank you too for your support. There exists a group of regulars diners who have ordered meals every week! There is no doubt we belong to an amazing club, so thank you!
To allow the team to get their heads around this week, the pick-up day is only Friday.
The menu is:
2 course Meal (BGC Members $25 per person, non members $35 per person)
Lamb Moussaka served with a Chunky Tomato, Cucumber, Parsley and Mint Salad and Crunchy Breadstick
Greek Semolina Cake with Lemon Syrup
Soup ($10 per person):
We are still offering our entire wine list for takeaway at a 10% discount. When collecting your food have a look at the blackboard behind the bar for even more wine specials.
Contactless payment by EFTPOS or Member Account remains the preferred payment method.
Please order by emailing email@example.com or phoning 4861 1042 (option 4), with the number of meals and selections. Orders must be received by 5pm on Tuesday 2 June, 2020
Collection times will be staggered and I will advise of your time for pick up. Please collect from Bowral Golf Club, enter the clubhouse located at the corner of Kangaloon Rd and David St, Bowral.
Please forward this to family, friends or anyone you think might be interested.
Keep well and I look forward to seeing you soon.
- Saturday 6th June, the June Monthly Medal.
- Wednesday 10th June, a 3 person Ambrose with a difference. You only get to use 4 clubs per player, which clubs will you choose????
- Saturday 20th June is the next club trophy event with the playing of the H A Murdoch Trophy.
- The "Monday Madness" competition will continue until further notice. This is a mixed single Stableford event, played on the White course under the same playing conditions as the Sunday competition.
- Start getting your team organised for the John Owens 2BBB handicap Stableford Match play knockout. The draw and details will be announced shortly.
Wednesday 27th May. No play due to course closure.
Friday 29th May. The "Nugget". Another great field, considering the wet weather of the previous week. 35 players in total (18 men, 17 women). Kevin Burke (33) scored 23 points to win the competition from Meeghan Bourne (54) with 22 points on a count back. Balls were won down to 18 points on count back.
Sunday 31st May. The final event of Autumn and 22 players joined the field. Brian Hanrahan (14) posted 39 points to win from Jim Phillips (13) who scored 36 points. Balls were won down to 34 points via count back.
Monday 1st June. "Monday Madness" and welcome to Winter. Alec Dietsch (13) posted a score of 36 points to win from Tony Dick (35) with 35. Balls were won down to 33 on count back.
No correct guesses since my last blog, so here is the new clue.
"Among my many trophy wins at BGC, I can include the Warwick Armstrong Cup", who am I?
Send your guess to me via email firstname.lastname@example.org
(Note, the photo is a logo only)
A Little Humour
Now Go Out and Enjoy a Game of Golf !!