- Course Update
- Coming Events
- Whitehorse Cup progress
- Recent Results
- The Rules Quiz
- A Little Humour
- The wet weather is forecast to continue over the next week, so the 'Preferred Lies' playing condition will remain in place for the time being. Please check with the pro shop before commencing your round to determine what area of the course is included in the playing condition. Also, the distance for taking a preferred lie is now 15cm, which is the height of a score card.
- A reminder that the pre-Covid playing conditions have been re-instated. Of particular note is the return of rakes to the bunkers. Bunkers are 'Play it as it Lies' and players are requested to use the rake to repair the bunker after use. Return the rake into the bunker please.
- Keep filling those divots and repairing the pitch marks please.
- The next trophy day is on the 20th February with the staging of the Jock Rossell (pairs PAR) and the Bill Chrystal Memorial trophy (Left handers single PAR). A presentation will be held following the event.
- Entries for the Arthur Brassey knockout competition close on Wednesday 24th February. The draw will be available on the club and pro shop notice boards by the following Friday.
- The 6 monthly renovations to the greens will be carried out over two days, March 8th and 9th (Monday, Tuesday).
Unfortunately both the Bowral teams lost their competitions on Sunday. Both results were very close with a 4 to 3 outcome. Several matches were halved, so the results were much closer than the score indicates.
Next week Bowral 1 will play Gerringong and Bowral 2 will face off against Kiama. Good luck guys!
Wednesday 3rd February. A single stableford event before the arrival of the wet weather. 68 players entered the competition with Paul Pettiford (12) beating Brian Lamb (22) with 37 points via a count back.
Eagle's Nest - not won, now 2 balls in the nest for next week.
NTP 11th - Chris Kunz
Pro Pin - Harry Caust
We welcomed a visitor from Kogarah GC and balls were won down to 32 points via count back.
Friday 5th February. The "Nugget". 26 players in the field (22 Men and 4 Women).
- Sonya Bleakley (34) 25 points
- Warwick Knight (24) 24 points
- Brad Johnson (7) 23 points
- Scott Olding (11) 21 points
'A' grade medal: Jimmy Pinkstone (5) nett 69 on count back from Michael Ljubic (6)
'B' grade medal: Norris Dudgeon (21) nett 67 from Alan Turpie (20) nett 69
'C' Grade Medal: Luke Kalaizis (34) nett 61 from Ryhs Harrington (27) nett 68
Scratch winner: Jimmy Pinkstone 74.
Pro Pin - Jimmy Pinkstone
NTP 11th - Matt Helm
Eagle's Nest - not won, 2 balls for next week.
Visitors from Port Kembla and Lakeside GC.
Sunday 7th February. 16 players in the field on the very wet White Course.
Luke Kalaizis (32) won with 39 points via a count back from Matthew Conquest (20). Balls were won down to 33 points via count back. Several visitors from Moss Vale GC.
Monday 8th February. "Monday Madness". 10 players turned out to contest the 9-hole event. Eddie Jones (20) posted 20 points to claim the prize from James Rowe (11) with his score of 18 points. Balls were won down to 16 points via count back. Great to see Ray Clayton back on the course after his injury.
As a result of the afternoon washout last Saturday, the quiz question from my last Blog will continue to the next presentation (20th February). Go back and read it, you now have plenty of time to study!
McDermott and McDuff were sitting in the clubhouse on a raw and blustery day, thawing their beards in front of the fireplace while freezing rain beat against the windows. The pair were silent for a long time over their whiskeys. Finally, McDermott spoke, “That was quite a round of golf.”
“Aye,” McDuff replied. “Same time next Saturday?”
“Aye,” said McDermott, “weather permitting….”
Now Go Out and Enjoy a Game of Golf !!!