- 6th Green Update
- Coming Events
- Rotary Hoe Appreciation
- The Rules Quiz
- "Who Am I?" Competition
- A Little Humour
- Next Saturday is the November Monthly Medal in conjunction with the Remembrance day Trophy.
- Saturday the 16th November is the Legacy Day event. Golf and dinner (vacancies are running out!!).
- St Andrews Day golf competition to be held on the 30th November, more information when I have it.
- The finals of the Club Championships are on Sunday the 24th November. Come along and lend your support to our champions for 2019. Referees are still required, let John Buchanan or myself know.
- December is your last chance to secure an entry in this year's Medal of Medals (Ted Box trophy) event. On Saturday the 7th we will contest the Monthly Medal and the first round of the Peter Tait trophy.
Following my requests for donations in order to purchase this item for the course, sufficient funding has now been pledged. I'd like to extend a great note of appreciation to Haille Smith, Tony Fitzpatrick, Alec Dietsch and two donors who wish not to be named. I hope to be able to have the machine in operation very soon.
Wednesday 30th October. 58 players including two visitors from Antill Pk and one from Woodlands GC contested the rare midweek stroke competition. With a net score of 69 on a count back, Niel Halvorsen (25) won from David Simmers (24). David McGinnes poached a ball from the Eagle's nest, while Rob Humphreys won the NTP 11th and Paul Pettiford the pro pin. The DSR was 69.
Saturday 2nd November. The first men's competition for the month, and a small break from trophies. 71 players in the field and a warm fine day. Craig Houden (20) put up a score of 40 points, which could not be beaten, while Pat Donoghue (21) tried hard but had to be content with 39 points to come runner-up on a count back. The Eagle was not troubled, Robert Walters (from Belconnen GC) won the NTP 11th and John Ferguson won the pro pin. We welcomed visitors from Belconnen and Murrumbidgee GC's. DSR was 69.
Sunday 3rd November. The fields on this new competition are slowly growing, and we were again able to award first and second in the mens group, but unfortunately not in the womens group. David Bleakley (27) won the day with 37 points from Tom Whitmarsh (22) on 36. The men's NTP 14th went to Michael Halfhide. In the women's competition, Ellen Goodwin (27) won with 32 points, and there was no winner of the NTP. Visitors from The National, Indooroopilly and Ashgrove GC's joined the fields.
Last week I raised a question testing knowledge of 'advice' (go back and read it now). The answer is that player 'A' has given 'advice' to player 'B' by saying "in my opinion". Hence player 'A' is penalised 2 strokes.
What penalty applies if a player, playing from a penalty area, grounds their club in the process of making a practice swing?
- Loss of hole, OR
- 1 Stroke, OR
- 2 Strokes, OR
- No Penalty
A golfer hits his ball into a deep ravine, then descends to find the ball.
His buddies hear "whack, thwack, crack on and on, until finally the ball sails out of the ravine.
His buddy asks "How many strokes did that take you to get out of the ravine?". He replies, "Three", but his buddy says "three??, but I heard seven."
His reply was "yes, but four of them were echoes!."
Now Go Out and Enjoy a Game of Golf.