- Course Update
- The Menu
- Coming Events
- Recent Results
- A Little humour
- The recent hot and very gusty westerly winds have created a considerable debris issue across the course. The staff are doing their best to ensure that the fairways are cleared, but it will be a few days before the rough can also be cleared.
- The theme over the coming weeks is mowing, mowing and more mowing. There are additional jobs being carried out as time permits. I will shortly be arranging for a delivery of bunker sand to re-fill all the bunkers. When that happens I'll announce a request for workers to help spread the sand in each bunker. Stay tuned.
- A reminder, please fill/repair divots and pitch marks.
- Please note that the clubhouse will be closed Christmas day and Boxing day. The course will be closed on Christmas day only.
- A warm welcome to the newly elected members of the BGC Women's committee. The new President is Pam Barker with Helen Chadwick returning as Vice President. The new Captain is Anne Geddes with Ellen Goodwin as her Vice Captain. Barbara Clayton is now the Secretary and members on committee are Noela McMurray and Christine Levy. Congratulations to everyone and I hope you enjoy a successful and productive year of golf.
Here is the menu for the coming week.
Week 36 Takeaway Menu
Good morning everyone,
This week, the pick-up day is Friday 4 December
2-course Meal ($25 for members, $30 for non-members)
Main: Morrocan Chicken Tagine with dates, served with chickpea, almond, mint and feta couscous
Dessert: Lime and coconut cheesecake
We are offering our entire wine list for takeaway at a 10% discount.
Please order by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or phoning 48611042 (option 4), with the number of meals and selections. Orders must be received by 5pm on Tuesday 1 December 2020.
Collection times will be staggered and I will advise of your time for pick up. Please collect from Bowral Golf Club, enter the clubhouse located at the corner of Kangaloon Rd and David St, Bowral.
Feel free to forward this to family, friends or anyone you think might be interested.
Keep well and I look forward to seeing you soon.
********** Christmas Ham and Turkey orders are also due by 5pm this Friday. Please let me know if you need details.**********
- Saturday 5th December. The last monthly medal for the year, and your last chance to get an entry into the Ted Box Medal of Medals event the following weekend. This is also the first round of the Peter Tait Trophy.
- Sunday 6th December. Christmas Cheer medley. Arrange your own tee time for the event. There will be a bbq in operation from 12:00 until 2 pm. Prizes for the event will be 1/2 hams and turkey buffes. The format is 4 BBB and the two best placed teams will choose their prize. The meat can be provided cooked if desired. The best placed single will also receive a food prize. Please note that the Capt V Capt event which was to be held in conjunction with the Christmas cheer has been postponed until a more suitable date is determined.
- Please note the following detail which was included in a recent email to members. We look forward to the day when we can all get together to enjoy our club once the Covid-19 restrictions are lifted. The two complimentary events planned for members are currently on hold, the complimentary members Christmas drinks will not be held this year but should circumstances change then we will act as quickly as possible to reinstate these events. The Board and Staff sincerely thank you for your outstanding support this past year, despite the turmoil that this year brought, the Club is in a comfortable position financially. Our generous and enthusiastic membership is the reason why we have such a great club.
- Monday 14th December. On December 14 Bowral Golf Club members Linden Toll, Thomas Mooney and Nick Reinhard will be joined by John Cummins, Ben Rutherford and Michael Leahy as they participate in the ultimate golfing challenge - testing their skill, strength and stamina to raise funds for Cancer Council Australia. Representing Apricity Finance, two players will be taking on 72 holes with the rest partaking in 54 holes to raise funds for this tremendous cause. If you wish to donate to the cause click here.
- Saturday 12th December. The second round of the Peter Tait trophy and the Ted Box trophy. To be eligible to win the Ted Box trophy, players must have won a medal over the past calendar year and be eligible to win a club trophy event.
Wednesday 25th November. The American Foursomes format was well attended with 68 players on the course. The team of Brian Lamb (21) and Darryl Purchase (0) combined well to post a nett score of 65 1/8th from Simon Kemp (15) and Graham Oldfield (23) with 65 3/4. A visitor from Royal Hobart joined the competition and balls were won down to 72 points via a count back.
Friday 27th November. The "Nugget". A good field of 24 players (16 men and 8 women) entered the 9 hole event with David Scholes (23) emerging victorious with 23 points. Vince O'Connor (24) claimed 2nd on a count back with 22 points from Robert James (22) with Rosemary Pettiford (35) posting 21 points to round out the prizes. Balls were won down to 18 points via a count back.
Saturday 28th November. St Andrew's Day. Thank you to our Scotsmen hosts of this event for providing the major prizes. Ian McKenzie, Bob Young, Alan Lindsay, Ken Dobie and Alan Turpie. This was a tough day on the course with temperatures up in the mid 30's with strong westerlies. Given the conditions, the requirement for a member of the winning team to be in the clubhouse to claim the prize on behalf of their team was relaxed. The winning team was the Farrell Four, comprised of Henry Farrell (21), Tim Farrell (11), Ben Farrell (25) and Vernon Farrell (aka Vella) (24) with a combined score of 144 points. Second prize went to the Dawn Patrol team of Glen Welsh (9), Glen Lehane (20), Simon Taufel (12) and Matt Helm (16) with a score of 141 points. Third prize went to the team of John Russell (22), Eugene O'Sullivan (20), Pat Donoghue (18) and Clark Gibbons (11) with their score of 137 points. The single event was won by Warren Ryan (21) with a score of 41 points. Balls were won down to 133 points via a count back. We welcomed a visiting player from Headland GC QLD to the club.
Sunday 29th November. Due to some computer issues the results of this event were re-processed. 10 players in the field on a very windy hot day. Nick Reinhard (10) posted 36 points to beat Sonya Bleakley (35) on a count back. A member from Merewether GC joined the event.
Monday 30th November. Last event for November. "Monday Madness". 7 players in the 9 hole competition. Jim Rowe (12) scored 21 points to win from Sharon Rowe (34) with 19 points. Balls won down to 17 points on count back.
Thank you to Chris Hill for sending this cartoon. It seems very appropriate considering the weather conditions experienced out on the course yesterday.