- Course Update
- The Menu
- Coming Events
- Recent Results
- A Little Humour
- The heavy rain received over the past weekend, in excess of 100mm, forced the closure of the course for a couple of days. As a result, the staff were able to progress the path project by completing the section of old path leading from the 4th green to the concrete path to the triple tee. The new trailer is capable of delivering over 3 times the load of the previous trailer each trip!
- The course will re-open in time for the Melbourne Cup Medley tomorrow. (see more detail below)
- Covid update. The following is a brief refresher for players to cover the Covid rules which are in place across the course.
- Bunkers are 'in-play', however, no rakes are provided and players have the option of a preferred lie within the bunker. Please foot-rake the bunker after your shot.
- The flagsticks are to remain in the hole.
- The ball washers and water fountains are out of use.
- Players should not handle other players' equipment, clubs, balls etc.
- Players will mark their own card, however, they should also act as the marker for someone in the group using the marker column on your own card to ensure there are no discrepancies in a score. Remember to mark the score immediately after completion of each hole, again to avoid discrepancies which might arise at the end of a round. Following confirmation of scores, enter your score into the computer and then discard the scorecard.
- Presentations are still not being held.
This is week number 32 in an unbroken string of fabulous food offerings from Regina and the crew. Here is the current email.
Good morning everyone,
This week, the pick-up day is Friday 6 November
2 course Meal ($25 for members, $30 for non-members)
Main: Lamb Moussaka served with a chunky tomato, cucumber parsley and mint salad, and a crunchy bread stick
Dessert: Citrus Tart
We are offering our entire wine list for takeaway at a 10% discount.
Please order by emailing email@example.com or phoning 48611042 (option 4), with the number of meals and selections. Orders must be received by 5pm on Tuesday 3 November 2020.
Collection times will be staggered and I will advise of your time for pick up. Please collect from Bowral Golf Club, enter the clubhouse located at the corner of Kangaloon Rd and David St, Bowral.
Feel free to forward this to family, friends or anyone you think might be interested.
Keep well and I look forward to seeing you soon.
The following fitting days have a few slots still available, but are filling fast. Contact the pro shop to be included.
- Titleist on Monday 16th November
- Callaway on Monday 23rd of November
- The Melbourne Cup Medley event will proceed as advertised tomorrow. The event is a single Stableford format, tee slots are in groups of 4. There will be a sausage sizzle after the event commencing at 1:30 pm. The race will be shown on the large screen at 3 pm.
- Vicars Shield round 2. As a result of the closure over the weekend, the 2nd round will now take place next Saturday 7th November.
- J W Draper knockout final. This event was to have been played between the morning and afternoon tee blocks next Saturday. As a result of the re-scheduling of the Vicars Shield, the final of the Draper will now occur on Sunday 29th November. Tee times will be booked for mid morning. A referee will be provided.
- A reminder that the semi finals of the Club Championships are due for completion by next Sunday. The final is scheduled for Sunday 22nd November.
- The Remembrance Day competition, in conjunction with the November Monthly medal will be held on Saturday 14th November.
- The Legacy Day event is scheduled for Saturday November 21st. Everyone should have received an email detailing this event by now. In case you haven't, it is reproduced here.
BOWRAL GOLF CLUB LEGACY DAY
Saturday 21st November 2020
Legacy is the primary charity supported by the Bowral Golf Club. The annual Legacy golf day is one of the main events each year raising funds and the awareness of Legacy in the local community. Southern Highlands Legacy currently supports around 200 families (widows and children of deceased servicemen) with financial assistance as well as help with daily living and holidays at Legacy holiday homes and camps.
A short flag raising and remembrance ceremony will be held on the clubhouse terrace from 4.30pm.
Members and visitors are invited to participate in each of the day’s events.
A raffle with generous prizes is a major part of the fundraising effort.
Single and fourball competitions will be held in several categories including:
- Serving and former members of any of the Defence Forces;
- Ladies – members and visitors;
- Members of Bowral Golf Club and Visitors who do not have any personal defence service background;
- Ex-service persons aged 65 years and older;
A refreshment tent (Mash 2576) will serve complimentary food and drink refreshments on the course. Donations to Legacy will be gratefully received and raffle tickets will be available at the tent.
Cost of entry is $40 per player and is also open to 6 day members with an eligible golflink number. To book in for the day, please call the pro shop at Bowral Golf Club on 4861 1042 (Option 1) or online.Tee times are available between 7.00 am and 12.30 pm.
Please note that due to Covid -19 there will be no dinner held this year.
Wednesday 28th October. BGC introduced a mid-week trophy event called the 'Crazy Tee Day' with 5 different/unusual tee locations. The event was very kindly sponsored by Peter Williams and Ken Heikkinen of Southern Living Property. The sponsorship was fantastic and allowed for prizes of $300 each for 1st, $200 each for 2nd and $100 each for 3rd. In addition, every player won a ball. It was also great to have Peter and several of the staff from Southern Living Property at the event cheering (or groaning, as the case maybe!!) as the players hit their tee shot from the first tee.
In addition to the prizes detailed above, the event winners were also awarded the "Cock of the Walk" trophy. These pewter mugs will be engraved with the winners' names and live on the shelf behind the bar until next year's event. A field of 85 players demonstrated that the event was highly anticipated.
In the inaugural staging of this event, the team of Graham Oldfield (22) and Alec Dietsch (12) posted 47 points in the 4BBB format to take out the trophy.
In 2nd place, and on a count back, with 46 points was the team of John Buchanan (12) and Peter Chen (38).
In 3rd place, also with a score of 46 points was the team of Pat Donoghue (18) and John McGuire (19).
Congratulations to everyone for participating in a great competition, and stay tuned for the event next year.
Friday 30th October. The "Nugget". 21 players (15 men and 6 ladies) made it round the course in anticipation of the arrival of the rain over the weekend. Stephen Heywood (20) posted 23 points to beat Nick Reinhard (7) into second via a count back. In third, Robert James (15) beat Craig Houden (10) on a count back with 20 points. Balls were won down to 16 points.
No other competitions were possible due to the inclement weather.
A Little Humour
Now Go out and Enjoy a game of Golf !!!