- New Board Members Elected
- Course Update
- The Menu
- Coming Events
- Recent Results
- The Brain Teaser
- A Little Humour
Last Thursday evening BGC held their AGM. This important meeting had been pushed back several months as a result of the Coronavirus restrictions. Maximum occupancy limits were set, which allowed for 62 members to be present on the night. Rob Humphreys (President) provided the members with an update on the club progress to the end of June. As a result of the many innovations brought about by the staff, the club is in a good financial position from which to build over the next 12 months. Rob thanked the membership for their extraordinary support over the past 4 months in particular.
The new Board was elected un-opposed (due to sufficient nominations only covering the available vacancies). Rob paid tribute to the out-going directors, Carol Turpie and David Stanley and welcomed the new directors, David Burgess and John Buchanan to the team.
- The considerable quantity of rain received over the past week, (140mm), meant that the course was closed from Monday through to Saturday. As part of the weather impact on the course, several large trees came down. The most serious of which hit the corner of the machinery sheds and required a considerable removal effort by Matt and his team. (see photos below, thanks to Tim Davis for the aerial shots). In addition one large gum came down across the path from the 4th green to the 5th tee. The clubhouse should have plenty of firewood for next Winter.
- The Paths Project continued today, with the excavation of the new path beside the 3rd tee. Once established this path will connect with the path from the 16th tee. The next phase will see a new path established around the 7th green and 8th tee boxes.
- A reminder that there is a daily update item on the Home page of the club website which advises of the current course status (including the availability of carts). Members should check this item before heading to the course to play if there has been any significant rainfall. The ground is currently saturated and it takes only a small rainfall to cause localised flooding.
- Don't forget to fix any divots and pitch marks you come across. That includes fixing your own as well!!
Last week was Pork Belly (in my top 3) and when it comes around again, don't miss out!. Here is Tim's email covering the menu for this week.
Week 19 Takeaway Menu Good morning everyone,
This week, the pick-up day is Friday
2 course Meal ($25 per person)
Main: Beef Bourguignon, with Mashed Potato and Steamed Green Beans
Dessert: Vanilla Bean Brulee
Soup ($10 per person): Sweet Potato and Corn Chowder
We are still offering our entire wine list for takeaway at a 10% discount. Click here to open our current wine list.
Contactless payment by EFTPOS or Member Account remains the preferred payment method.
Please order by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or phoning 4861 1042 (option 4), with the number of meals and selections. Orders must be received by 5pm on Tuesday 4 August 2020.
Collection times will be staggered from 4pm and I will advise of your time for pick up. Please collect from Bowral Golf Club, enter the clubhouse located at the corner of Kangaloon Rd and David St, Bowral.
Feel free to forward this to family, friends or anyone you think might be interested.
Keep well and I look forward to seeing you soon.
- Next Saturday 8th August is the delayed August Medal and John McMaster Trophy competition.
- Sunday 9th has the Semi-Final of the John Owens Knockout. The following are the matches. #13 - sees the team of Dietsch and Jones face-off against Dal Bianco and Gibbons. On the other side of the draw, #14 - Metcalf and Hobson will take on Bourne and Neale. The final will be held the following Sunday, 16th. Tee times are as per the booking sheet for the listed match numbers.
- Saturday 22nd is the W H Friend Trophy (a PAR event).
- Sunday 30th is the Club Championships for Mixed Foursomes in conjunction with the Wotton Trophy.
- Tuesday 11th, the club is hosting a Titleist fitting day. Please book a time slot with the pro shop if you wish to attend. Slots are filling fast, so don't miss out.
Saturday 01 August. A very soggy course welcomed 76 players to the field to play a Single Stableford in lieu of the Monthly Medal (now scheduled for next Saturday). Tony Fitzpatrick (11) posted 39 points to claim first from David Anderson (23) on 37 points via count back. Balls were won down to 33 points via count back.
Sunday 02 August. A wet White course, and just 11 players in the field. Justin Smith (14) just edged out Scott Olding (14) with 37 points via a count back. Balls were won down to 26 points.
Monday 03 August. "Monday Madness". A beautiful warm day and only 4 players (all men) in the field. Tony Dick (28) won the day with 19 points in the 9 hole competition.
I'm starting to see an uptick in responses in this competition. This can mean several things, but I'm hoping it means that more members are reading my Blog!! A hint, all the teasers have a Golf aspect.
Last week Daniel Weekes sent in the 3rd correct response by suggesting that the Sweater was the required answer. Thanks to all the other responders, many of who were correct.
The teaser for this week appears below. I'm going to take the 3rd correct response again. Remember to send your answer to me at email@example.com Good Luck.
A Little Humour
Now Go Out and Enjoy a Game of Golf !!!