- Coronavirus Update
- Coming Events
- Recent Results
- The Rules Quiz
- "Who Am I ?" Competition
- A Little Humour
Anyone who has missed the news lately and is unaware of the Pandemic sweeping the globe must have been living in a cave. Events which will have a long flow-on effect to the World, Australia, NSW, the Southern Highlands and Bowral Golf Club are developing at an accelerated rate. The BGC Board and Executive committee have been meeting regularly to assess future club processes. On Tuesday 17th March all members will receive an email detailing the future operations of the club which will be applied until the current situation is resolved. As detailed in the document, there may arise a situation which could force the temporary closure of the club in total. This will of course only occur as a last resort, but the well-being of the club members and staff is paramount. I will continue to provide updates in this Blog as and when they occur.
It is important that we all are aware of our fellow members and staff's welfare and ensure that nobody is left out in the cold. Keep in touch with your playing groups, keep the club informed of any issues you think need coverage. We are a close family at BGC, and we will weather this storm if we all act together. bgc_coronavirus_management_plan_17_03_2020.pdf
- The Semi-Final of the Club Championships in men's Foursomes is due to be completed by next Sunday, 22nd March. The final will be held on the following Sunday, 29th at 08:32 and 12:30.
- The Club General Meeting will be held at 6pm on Thursday 26th March. This will of course be subject to the Coronavirus situation. Remember the Board is simply asking for you to support it in further and full investigations into the development possibility. Only once that support is received can the Board attempt to determine the answers to the myriad of questions you (and us) need answered.
- The Jock Rossell and Bill Chrystal Trophy events will be held on Saturday 28th March. These are both PAR events.
- The Summer Eclectic competition is completed on the 31st March. The Winter version will commence the following day.
- The April Monthly Medal in conjunction with the Austin Richardson Tankard will be played on Saturday 4th April.
- The Jubilee Cup (Vardon event) will take place on Sunday 5th April.
- Monday 6th April. The next club-fitting day to be hosted by Callaway.
Wednesday 11th March. A picture perfect day for golf. 58 other players agreed. The event was won by Wayne Ison (26) with 40 points from the Captain (15) with 38. There are now 18 balls waiting for a winner in the Eagle's nest competition. The NTP 11th was won by John Jones and Alan Turpie took out the pro pin. One visitor to the course from Woolooware GC.
Saturday 14th March. Another drought-breaker. More rain, particularly in the afternoon curtailed the field to only 43 competitors. John Oakes (20) fired 39 points to beat Brendan Maguire (13) on a count back. Ash Southon finally found a way to relieve the Eagle of 5 balls, Matt Helm won the NTP 11th and Hamish McCathie won the pro pin. A visitor each from Yarra Yarra and Gibraltar GC's.
Sunday 15th March. The men the only players in the competition again. Where have the women gone? This competition is fully inclusive, and women and men compete for the same prize. With the new WHS now incorporated, you have a great chance to win. Reece Woods (9) from Moss Vale GC emerged as the winner with 35 points from David Spies 34. The NTP 14th also went to Reece. Two visitors from MVGC.
With the inclement weather reducing the field to only the morning players, there was no presentation held. Therefore, the quiz question from last week (go and read it now) carries through to next Saturday. Good luck.
No winner yet on the current mystery member. Don't forget to email your guess through to me at email@example.com
The new clue, "You can take that to the bank".
Note, The photo is a logo only.
Perhaps this guy will bring a smile?
Now Go Out and Enjoy a Game of Golf!!!